Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was 13weeks along and had an incomplete miscarriage resulting in a D&C. It's been 39 days and i'm wondering when to expect my period. I feel cramps some days and I cross my fingers in hope, but AF hasn't shown up yet. I thought i'd get it after 3 or 4 weeks. Please, any advice would be great. I'm so worried that I have a vacant dustbowl for a womb after the D&C. The doctor said she had to scrape it 3 times to remove all the products and to get the bleeding to stop. Is this normal?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I have no idea, Mama. I too am wondering about AF. I lost my baby at 7wks with natural miscarriage and that was on the 18th of November. Although Im not trying to have any more children - I hate not knowing when to expect it. Plus Im wondering if it will be more painful - different etc?
Hugs to you though and Im very sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
My AF came back about 4 weeks after my miscarriage (with D&C), but my cycles are generally short anyways. It wasn't quite a normal period, since it started out with lots of dark reddish brown bits in the blood. They were too small to be called clots... I don't know if that's normal or not, but after a day or so, everything was normal.

I don't know if it was more painful... After having contractions with the m/c, it didn't seem so bad! Still, I think the cramps were a bit heavier than before.

I'm so sorry for your loss and wish you the best.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss.

Mine came 5 weeks after my D&C. Like others have said, I think 4-8 weeks is normal for it to return.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you. It feels so strange to be wanting my period so badly! I'm thankful for your input and advice.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
It took about 4.5 weeks after my natural m/c for af to return.
It seems to me that it is more common for those that have a D&C to have to wait longer for it.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
For me about 40 days post d&c I had no sign of af, so on a whim I took an hpt and it was positive. I don't know if you want to try again or not, but I'd thought I'd put that out there as a possibility if you have been 'active' at all.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I've had 2 d&c's and I am actually also waiting for AF to return (my d&c was 4 weeks ago). I can't wait for things to start "working" again so that we can try for another baby.
Last time it took about 6 weeks.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you,

It is soothing to know that it varies so much from person to person. I guess I'll just relax, and wait to be surprised!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.