Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 10 week and I have been cosleeping from the start. He is hyper aware of me. If I wake up, so does he. If I go to the bathroom, he always wakes and cries. He is needing to go to bed earlier these days, and I feel like I've lost my whole evening because he is unhappy until he is bed with me (I can't just "wear him down" until I'm ready to go to bed). He seems to need to go to bed around 7, and going to bed then just isn't fair to the rest of the family including my 2 year old who would like some time with mommy. I'd like to be able to lie down with him, get him to sleep, and then have some time with my toddler, with my non cosleeping DH or a little time just for me, but he just can't sleep more than a half inch from my nipple.<br><br>
I don't recall this issue with number 1. I'm just not sure what to do...

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Sounds very normal. If we weren't ready to go to bed yet, DH and I used to wear DD in a sling or mei tai in the evening. A stretchy wrap like a Moby or Hug-a-Bub would be heavenly with a 10 week old.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
DS would sleep in his swing until we were ready to go to bed. I, too need time without touch so wearing him in the evenings never worked for us.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback - I've tried wearing him in the evening and the swing, but he is pretty much cranky until I go to bed with him. But, I will keep on trying :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts