Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping to use clomid and IUI this coming cycle and I'm tying to coordinate my schedule. What day could I expect to ovulate on? My MD wants to start me on CD3-5 of clomid. Would I O immediately after, or is it completely variable?<br><br>
Do you use traditional LH pee sticks to determine O? Or is it more scientific when doing clomid and IUI?<br><br>
I see her wednesday, but I'm trying to coordinate my vacation schedule so I'm off when it's time for IUI. Thanks a million!

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts
It's too early for you to try to coordinate your vacation schedule, unless you're planning to take a week off, IMO.<br><br>
Are you taking Clomid day 3-7 or 5-9, or did you really mean 3-5? (I've never heard of a 3 day course of Clomid, but maybe that's your doc's protocol?)<br><br>
You will not O immediately after. For illustrative purposes, I took Clomid cd 8-12 this past cycle, Oed on CD 18, instead of my much more typical CD 25 or so. You can't count on Oing six days after taking clomid, but I'd say in the six-10 day range is reasonable, assuming you respond well. If you don't respond well, all bets are off.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
When I did days 3-7 on clomid, I would ovulate around day 13 or 14. I was on the lowest dose, though. If you're on a higher dose or don't respond well, it could be longer. You can certainly use opks to track an lh surge, but a more precise method is to get an hcg trigger shot after your follicles reach mature size. Are you going in for a follicle check at some point after you finish the clomid? I would usually go in on CD 12, but again, it depends on your dosage and individual history.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts