Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm at 4 wks postpartum and I'm oftentimes painfully aware of my breasts. I'll feel this painful tingling, almost like pins and needles throughout the whole breast. They also feel sore overall. At first I thought it was the fact that I was wearing a non-supportive cami all the time and so they were just sore from sagging down with all that milk, but I've started wearing bras the last few days and I still feel sore. Maybe they need time to heal?

Ds's latch is not all that great, but the pain is not really focused on the nipples but rather the *whole* breast. Is this just a new breastfeeding mama type of growing pain? Can I expect my breasts to settle down to feeling relatively normal anytime soon?

TIA mamas!
:

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Is it a sharp, shooting pain? Is it there constantly? Could be thrush, which could also affect your dc's latch (in regards to your other post). One more reason to see a LC. If it's the pins/needles sensation that comes occasionally throughout the day, it's probably the let-down you're feeling. I started really feeling let-down right around the same time with my dd, and it was pretty painful for me. After a few weeks it subsided quite a bit. It does seem to take a while for the breasts to regulate or "settle down".

1 - 2 of 2 Posts