Mothering Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
11,754 Posts
I am doing my own prenatal care for now and as long as I have no complications I will likely continue to do so.
:

I will be ordering urine strips soon and we will rent a doppler at 10 weeks or so.

· Registered
2,903 Posts
We can't do an offical appointment til after my divorce is final, unfortunately. Thank God for midwives who are friends of friends and good at keeping their mouths shut. I'll be twelve weeks past conception when the divorce is final..... and the day after the papers are recieved I'll be going to an OB...

· Registered
2,280 Posts
Lurking a bit because even though I'm only 11 days post ovulation, my pg test was + this morning. So, I may be joining you here with an August baby after I get another +, or get over my denial, whichever comes first.

Katie, our dds have the same birthday and we have the same name! I'm hoping for another lovely little Virgo.

· Registered
2,879 Posts
Since I am be treated for infertility, I am still seeing the RE. I am going in on Wednesday 12/15 for first try at seeing the heartbeat. We may not be able to see anything, though. I guess if that goes ok, they will send me to find an OB or MW. Not sure what I'm going to do, but will probably do some research and try to get an appointment at 10 weeks.

· Registered
2,177 Posts
I will be having more appointments than most to start out with since this was IVF. I'll have my first appointment on 12/17. Then, we'll try for a looksie for heartbeat and baby count probably between Christmas and New Years. We transferred two blasts, so with my early BFP and high beta, it's pretty likely we've got two little ones cookin' there!

Adrienne, I'm not familiar with your story, how did you guys get pregnant? Assisted?

· Registered
1,222 Posts
I'm waiting to find out...it should be next week sometime. I have to go for an early ultrasound, because I had some bleeding at the beginning of this pregnancy (before I realized I was pregnant - I thought it was a strange AF). I had a missed m/c with my first pg, so my doctor books early ultrasounds for me to calm my worries. Once I see the heartbeat, I allow myself to really "feel" pregnant!

· Registered
373 Posts
I haven't even thought about this yet... I'd definately not worry until after you move. We're at 7 weeks now; we own a doppler, and we haven't tried finding the hb yet.. Probably give it a shot this weekend.

Reminds me that I need to email my insurance company to see if I can self-refer to the m/ws.... I'll do that now!

· Registered
1,246 Posts
I just had my first appt with the MW...and she's giving me TLC because of 2 pregnancy losses,

I saw the heartbeat today on vag u/s
I'm optimistic, but still a little leary to be honest!!! But I'll take it as a nice Christmas present that I should really try to enjoy. I can't stop looking at the little bean's picture!!

· Registered
4,016 Posts
I had a hcg and progesterone level drawn today and will get another hcg draw on thursday. These precautions are my own doing, since I've had infertility problems and m/c's in the past. I am crossing my fingers my #'s are ok and double. My first ob appt will not be until 1/24/05, it seems so far away. They had an opening on 1/19, BUT I want DH to be there, just in case something goes wrong, and also since we do not have a sitter for my older baby.

· Registered
571 Posts
My first appointment is the 7th of Jan. I should be about 8 weeks.
We are seeing a midwife group that delivers at a hospital. So it should be fun.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.