Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dd3 is almost 8 months old, was EBF, is enjoying solids (self-feeding, so some goes in the mouth, lots goes elsewhere, lots of fun had). The rest of the family take FCLO and HVBO. Anyone have opinions on when I'd start giving those to her?

I'm hesitant about the FCLO because it leaves a burning at the back of my throat and I wonder how she'd feel from it. I've heard it suggested that it be given in milk or juice. We haven't given either yet and I prefer not to since she's getting my milk which seems better for her.

I'm a bit concerned about the HVBO because she reacts to my milk when I drink raw or cultured (or any other form of) cow milk (by getting squirmy in the early morning hours and not sleeping as soundly during those hours) but is ok when I take HVBO (and seems fine with my drinking goat milk).

TIA for any advice on this!

·
Registered
7,801 Posts
I started a few times a week with my youngest when he was 6 months. I usually have to nurse him or give him water after because he hates the licorice flavor.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leilalu View Post
I started a few times a week with my youngest when he was 6 months. I usually have to nurse him or give him water after because he hates the licorice flavor.
Thanks. So you give the licorice fermented stuff? Do you squirt it into his mouth? Dd3 wouldn't tolerate that--she doesn't even want me to put a tiny morsel of food into her mouth, all self-fed.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by dogmom327 View Post
I think he was around 10 mo. No particular reason for waiting that long though.
Do you give the fermented stuff and does he mind the taste? Thanks for sharing your experience! I started with CLO when my youngest was over 18 months so this is uncharted territory for me. The TF starter foods have been fun though--she loves the meat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.