Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a gift card for a massage a few months ago and wanted to wait until I was getting more uncomfy to use it
I am now 25 weeks and soo sore
But I dont want to waste the card now when I will probably really need it in a few months. If you would be getting JUST one good massage during your pg, when would you get it (oh, and it is a prenatal massage)

· Premium Member
6,672 Posts
I also got a massage gift cert for Xmas, and was thinking it was about time to use it!

I figure, I should use it sooner than later, and splurge on another one closer to the EDD.

-- OT, I got my MIL a massage gift cert for her Bday a few months ago, and she thought it was a COUPON! She wasn't going to use it because she thought it was a coupon... geez, lol! So I told her we could go get massages together (my cert is at a different place than her's)

· Registered
909 Posts
I'm actually going on Friday to get one.
: With my last pregnnacy, I think I had 3 (DH had given me a gift card for the holidays). I think I had my first in the beginning of the third trimester. I didn't think the later ones were better than the earlier ones. The only problem with the last one was that I had an internal exam that morning and I was bleeding (I was probably 37 weeks), and I had to wear a grandma pad (they gave it to me at the OB office...only thing they had), so I felt a little lame because I had to wear my underwear with a grandma pad during the massage.

Pedicures are also great when you are really pregnant. And they are cheaper than massages.

· Registered
739 Posts
I had a couple during my 3rd trimester with DS and I actually preferred the one I had at the beginning part of my 3rd trimester as opposed to the later one. I can't say why for sure though.

· Registered
4,658 Posts
If you ABSOLUTELY can only get one, I would wait until you are almost-due as the relaxation of your pelvic/lower back muscles can help get the baby in a good position, get things moving along and put you into labor! But if you could do two, I would do one now and one then!

· Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My mom has a membership with discounts at some massage place, I need to ask if she will get me one in July so I can use mine now-lol

· Registered
2,843 Posts
I choose once to wait until 2 days after i gave birth because i thought i could really use the massage after birthing. Big mistake! My milk had come in and it was so painful to lay on the table and get a massage. I recommend in the week before birth so you are relaxed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.