Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you gonna let DH participate in finding out? Or being sneaky and suprising him? I was in the shower...and thought about it...if I got a bfp this cycle...I *maybe*could hold my tongue for Christmas...or Christmas Eve...or...if not, I could try next cycle and save the news for our Anniversary (1/14)...how are you guys going to do it ? Dh was right there when I POAS with both girls (ds is from a previous relationship)....so I may be making this a suprise
:

·
Registered
933 Posts
When I got my BFP last month I woke him up and told him I had to show him something.
Then we laid in bed for like, 45 minutes going... "Wow."

There's no way I could keep that news a secret. If I get to know and be excited, he should be able to as well!

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I probably won't be able to keep it a secret...as he's as much in tuned with my cycles as I am lol...by next week, he'll be asking "Did you get your period, yet?"

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I'm not holding my breath, but if this cycle is "the one" then both set of parents are getting something oddball for Xmas - that will have them trying to figure out why they got it. (Like "Worlds best Grandparents!" mugs or something...)

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
over itybity's mugs.

momz3, thanks for titling this "when."

I used to think that DH would be there when I POAS; now I don't know -- maybe he would be there by phone? I sure couldn't wait!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
DH asks me every morning about my temperature so he'll be in the bathroom with me to see the HPT. I enjoy that he likes to be involved in my cycles. It brings us closer together. As for family, I won't tell my parents until about 6-8 weeks, DH's parents will find out when the rest of the family and friends do at about 12 weeks. DH's parents haven't been the most supportive of our move to VT (MIL told DH he was "stupid" for leaving his job to work on moving and is still in denial about our leaving the area). That's why DH's parent's will find out later. We don't feel that we want that sort of vibe on the first 3 months of our pregnancy.

·
Registered
458 Posts
about the crashing on the floor KitttyKat!!! That's too funny.

I asked DH how he wanted me to tell him, like call him at work when I find out or wait for him to get home. He said he wants me to tell him in person. And that I shouldn't test unless he's here because he knows I wouldn't be able to keep it the whole day without calling my best friend and he wants to be the first to know. Boy he knows me well!

I've also thought aboput the T-shirt for DD that says something like "I'm gonna be a big sister" or something like that.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
i did the I'm gonna be a big sister t-shirt for Emma for the last pregnancy.....

but for this one we are gonna wait to tell people until i'm 12 weeks (except for my MDC mama's of course)

hubby is always there when i POAS

·
Registered
432 Posts
Dh is just as anxious as I am so he knows when testing time will roll around... he's already warned me that I most likely wont be allowed to go to the restroom alone.
As for family and friends... I'm going to try to wait a few months to see if they notice and if not I'll wear a t-shirt that says "I drank the water" to see how many catch on. Here's to hoping this will be my month!!

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
A totally cute way of informing people would be personalized M&M's.

I was seriously thinking about ordering some to inform my hubby till I got to the 4 bag minimum order. But they'd be nice for informing family: "We're expecting", "June / July / August 2007". Of course in pink and blue!

I'm another who probably won't be able to keep it from him for more than 2 minutes. He already knows when AF is due to town. So much for the mystery in our marriage.

·
Premium Member
1,823 Posts
If I get pregnant this cycle, DH will definitely be involved. He'll probably be bringing me smelling salts to revive me from fainting.
I am seriously going to freak out when the day comes!

Next cycle, he *should* be around for Oing, but not for testing. I might hold out on telling him until he gets back from his military duty. (I'd be around 12 weeks.) I really want to tell him in person, but it would be a REALLY hard secret to keep from him. Hopefully I get pregnant this cycle and don't have to worry about it.

I already know exactly how we're going to tell our families too. It will be the first grandchild for everyone, so that in itself is exciting. I can't wait for my MIL's reaction-it'll be the best! I can still remember her reaction when we got engaged-it's priceless. (My husband did it in a very sly way too, which made it even better.)

If it happens this cycle, I want to have DH walk into the family Christmas wearing a shirt that says, "Look what I did!" with a positive HPT underneath and maybe "baby ___, due Summer 2007." We'll wait to see how long it takes them to catch on.
(I have no idea where to find this shirt, though!)

·
Registered
653 Posts
Seriously, I personally am against with holding news like this. I would tell everyone as soon as possible.
My younger brother and his wife accidently got pregnant after being adviced against it due to the wife's medication and they chose to keep the pregnancy secret until 20 weeks when all the tests came back possitive. My mother died the day they got the green light to share and they never got to tell her.
I will tell everyone as soon as possible.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
I could never keep a secret like that from my dh. He'll know as soon as I get that positive. I've always come out of the bathroom and woke him up immediately and told him when I got them before. DH told me today that he would be irritated if I didn't share all the TTC/pregnancy related stuff with him. I have a girlfriend that is afraid she may be pregnant (not really ready yet) and she has not shared her fears with her dh at all and won't tell him a thing until she has to, if her cycle is late and she takes a test and it's positive. DH said that he would feel like he was chop liver if I didn't share something like that with him. He knows exactly when AF is due, so he'll be asking me before I have a chance to tell him.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I totally agree with you, KittyKat,when it comes to family. However, next time we get pregnant, we wont tell anybody at work or church, etc. the first time I was pregnant, we told everyone we could think of. When we lost that baby, I felt like I had to relive the pain of that everytime someone asked how my pregnancy was going and I had to tell them we lost it. So now our rule with "non essential people" is 12 weeks, but family is as soon as we find out!

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
lol...I think everyone has got me completely wrong. You guys are taking it as "Keeping a secret from dh"...LOL.

I am asking...are you gonna suprise him/tell him in a creative way. Or is he gonna be with you when you POAS and know exactly when you do. Not keeping the pregnancy from him lol.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by PiePie View Post
over itybity's mugs.

momz3, thanks for titling this "when."

I used to think that DH would be there when I POAS; now I don't know -- maybe he would be there by phone? I sure couldn't wait!
Oh no problem. We will all be pregnant soon. It just takes time.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I forgot to say - the day I get my BFP - I'll be calling DH at work to let him know (if its not a weekend) Other than the grandparents, I have a couple of close friends I'd be telling as well, but that'd be it until about 8-12 weeks or so.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dh will be the only person I will tell. Everyone else, after 12 weeks. Minimum.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts