Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"... you'll change your mind [about CIO]"

Why is everyone convinced that I'm just a naive, newby for being anti-CIO? They all say that my tune will change with the second... like if I have another, I'm gonna all of a sudden decide that my time is best spent listening to my kids cry.
:

WTH!!!
:

I know there are mamas with more than one child who are AP, so obviously it isn't a requisite that the second babe CIO, but why do mainstreamers seem to think that this anti-CIO is some sort of time-on-my-hands phase that I'm indulging in as an ingnoramus.

Yeah, that's exactly how I feel about it.

· Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by bandgeek View Post
I'm also going to keep using car seats, even though it would be easier and take less time just to toss them in the back seat and hope for the best.

I should start using that as a response and see what they say.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hipumpkins View Post
I always hated when people treated me like an idiot when I just had one kid. My second has not made me change my general philosphy of kindness towards my kids.
Wait a second! You mean children deserve to be treated like decent human beings?!?
:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momtwice View Post
It's like Ruthla said. It's about INTENTION.

Yes if there is one of you and two of them, and you have to pee occasionally or if you have two in diapers, sometimes one of them will be crying. But that's very different from intending to let them cry.

One is something you can't prevent cause you're only human, the other is a philosophy of ignoring cries on purpose.
I totally agree and would never consider a baby crying for a few minutes because supper is burning or nature is calling, etc. to be CIO.

But these people seem to think that I must let him wail for an hour or so every day...
:

Believe you me, as a single parent, there are times when I know he just wants to be held and I sing to him while I nuke me some leftovers. But he does NOT go longer then a few minutes, even if that means that the tree is up but not decorated for a week!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.