Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
I usually let mine sit for about 1/2 hour. I come back every 10 mins or so and gently squish it.
And my wool wash doesn't require rinsing so I just gently squeeze out the water and roll in a towel.

·
Registered
126 Posts
i usually let mine sit about 30 minutes as well, smooshing it around a bit or gently rubbing if there are stains. to speed up the drying process i put it in the washing machine on the spin cycle then let it sit on the drying rack. id say that cuts the drying time in half.

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
I always let mine soak for awhile. I try to use distilled water when I can b/c of our water situation. Last night I had 2 covers washing and I let them soak overnight. Today I soaked 2 more soakers and I just let them soak through the afternoon.

·
Registered
7,227 Posts
I let it soak for a couple of minutes and then I wash and rinse it.
Thanks to how sudsy bar WOW gets I feel confident it's clean and it smells lovely!
I could let it sit but I never have the time or would remember to go back! It's lucky it gets washed!

·
Registered
499 Posts
I swish mine around for a couple of minutes and remove it. The one time I left my soaker in there for more than an hour to soak in the lanolin bath, the colour leached out of the bottom half of the soaker - it was already a very subtly dyed soaker of wintery colours, and the bottom half turned almost white. So I'm careful not to allow that to happen to any others.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts