Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does that mean? I can remember reading something about that particular combination, and while I'm not big on ice cream these days (my body probably knows that I don't really need all that sugar) I'm desperate for pickles and nacho cheese, the spicy kind, and that basically amounts to the same thing-- salt and milk. So what's up with that?

·
Registered
7,632 Posts
i *think* its a calcium deficiency.. your body wants calcium ( icecream) and things that are vinegary help your body obsorbe calcium better ( pickles).. thats my understanding anyways!

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I also read that pickles are a great food to eat during the nausea-filled first trimester, because they give you both fiber AND fluids in one easy-to-eat package.

I can't say I have had any pickle&icecream CRAVINGS, but there was one evening when it was all I could handle . . . we had stopped for veggie burgers at a diner, and ordered milkshakes with our meals. I couldn't eat the burger, couldn't eat the fries, but downed my entire milkshake AND ordered extra pickles after DH gave me a bite of his . . . I've always been a big dill pickle fan, but that particular night they tasted especially good.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
I've just wanted Sweet Tea mostly. With the munchy ice that you can get from Sonic. Not that sugary tea is good for me, but I guess it's better for me than ice cream!

But, honestly, pickles have become a like for me, not so much before. I was big on sweets during 2nd Trimester, but now that I'm in my 3rd, it gets my stomach upset to eat any sweets.
And I love sweets so much!

·
Registered
509 Posts
I've heard of a lot of women craving nacho cheese, and I just have to wonder why. I haven't had this since gradeschool, and the only place I see it offered is at the movie theater (smells awful).

I've been craving lots of mexican food and italian food, so I can understand craving for nachos w/o the cheese, tamales, chile rellenos, etc. But I just don't get the nacho cheese.

I've also had weird cravings for panna cotta (calcium and fat) and crappy McDonald's french fries (salt and fat). So maybe I can't wonder too much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.