Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeeeeeeeees...I have a post about ubcpfs. I was checking out GMAR. She'll convert ubcpfs. I'm *not* using them as is!
Is it you get what you pay for? If I get cheap will they be junk? I figure ubcpfs are ubcpfs so I'd go with the cheapest price. Is that right?

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
I have two types of OC PFS, neither are UBOCPF. They're both bleached I believe. One is Under the Nile that I got gently used off Ebay for a steal! And, the other is a... aw, shoot, now I can't remember! It was loaned to me. Anyway, they are both really different. The UTN ones are almost like bed sheets. The other ones are like flannel almost. The UTN ones are almost squares and have a lot of extra absorption stuff running down the middle. You probably wouldn't need them trimmed.

Did that help?

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
EcoBaby that's what she said the other OC one is. It's very nice. I think I actually like that one best... but then I only have one of those and 12 of the UTNs so I'll have to convince myself that my preferences are the other way around.

Um... so is this just my personal monologue thread? If so... I hope I'm not boring any of you!

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
OMG! Whatever you do, don't click on Letia's link with pictures of Mikayla! It will make you ovulate INSTANTLY!!! Oooh! She's so sweet! Aw, man! I can't handle this sort of cute baby advertisements! For crying out loud! That's the sort of thing that will make me punch holes in my diaphram!!!

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
So, wonder if you keep talking on a thread when no one else does... do you get a prize after how many posts???

I see Letia went offline. Was it me? Do you not like my sugar OC ramblings?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spark
So, wonder if you keep talking on a thread when no one else does... do you get a prize after how many posts???

I see Letia went offline. Was it me? Do you not like my sugar OC ramblings?
OMG, Spark, you are cracking me up! :LOL
Seriously, you are nutty tonight!
:

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
ty I'm stress relieving with the powers of OC washing and mass amounts of... oh, naw, I dare not say it... it makes me sound TOO crunchy!

Ok, if you twist my arm... I've been making vanilla ice cream and carrot juice shakes here. OMG! I love this combo. Ice cream in the blender, dash of milk or soy milk for the chrunchier than I's, and then a big glug of carrot juice! Mmmm!

Pair that with ending classes on Weds and washing my 12 dozen OC PFs... I'm a wacky camper!

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:LOL no, I just keep owl hours. dd went to sleep and I thought...
I could get some too....she woke before I did and when I realized she was awake she had only slept for a few minutes!!!!!
Oh well, then I might as well change the sheets that got soaked when I tried on her new dipe
and she flooded it and give her her bath (and a stinky mama). Then I was getting her to bed and I slept for a couple hours. She just had a feeding and now I'm up and here I am.

for replying Claire...Ecobaby huh.....
I was checking ebay and nothing.
I wonder if they're bleached if they are bleached with hydro but not chlorine? It would defeat being organic if they are chlorine bleached!

I wasn't doing as well as Claire...I was having chocolate chip cookies;but they are the wholly good?
: ones that are in the frozen section of Whole Foods, so no trans fats and refined sugar.
And a Knudsen sparkling....no milk...the snack of the lactose intolerant.

Well, I'll check out Ecobaby. Shame I spent the monetary gift I got on crib sheets from there that we didn't even use for a month.
Who knew that I would actually have a family bed. (
: as I'm gored in the butt by a 6 1/2 week old! I just filed her nails! I guess if not she'd have drawn blood)

I'll have to check yalls online status or maybe you're sleeping now.

Remember Claire, that comes with a :
. (that smilie not a true representation of all babies.
)

eta:this is what I found.

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Oh, Letia, I remember those times all too well! This too shall pass. I hope you get many many cat naps during the day. Do you have anyone that can come over so you can sleep for a few hours straight?

Great research on a sleep deprived brain, especially! So, they are unbleached. Makes sense! Oh, I should note neither of them are Snappi-able.

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We're on at the same time!
She actually does well during the day, having a morning nap and then an afternoon nap. She's actually still asleep now. She wanted to nurse and then she's out again. I am sooooooo excited she doesn't wake to have her dipe changed. She usually doesn't poop so much at night; but, she's had a couple rashes, so I want to change her diaper and not wake til she wakes. I've had an offer from the AP group, (I'm not good at taking help) and MIL offered to keep her. MIL has made me
on more than one occasion....having some sick desire to hear her cry and when she wanted to nurse again after having just finished, she put her on her shoulder and said, "lets see if we can remedy this."
I don't want her parked in front of the TV, where MIL will be, so obviously I don't feel comfortable leaving her even when I'm a few feet away, with her.

Since I got the
to put her in the bed, she's done better than in the crib. (I was afraid to have her in bed) MIL asks (she trips me out how she casually asks but its more than that and thinks I'm stupid.
) if she's sleeping better in the crib. Hey, it converts to a toddler bed, and we'll have another in a couple years and will need to transition her, she'll get her money's worth out of it. :LOL

So, those are the ones? Those are ubcpfs? Its doesn't specifically say and since I'm not well versed in them I don't know.
They look like they would be ubcpfs.
I guess you can't get them any way but by the dozen? I know I can use them for other things too, which helps with forking it out; but, I was only going to order a few GMARs.

I'm gonna get a Snappi to try with my long learning curve.
I've got pins too that MIL gave me when she decided she wanted me to have some regular dipes and gave me some birdseyes even tho she knew I wanted fitteds.
For her being so young, she has been know to kick and I'm not sure about the pins....so I guess I better get to learning that Snappi.

I need to show the GMAR wahm b/c she wasn't sure if they were the same size as the non organic to know if she could convert them. I'm down to a very small amount of dipes b/c she's growing out of them as faster than I can buy more! I need to get more fluff in here!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.