Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So which websites offer these items? I'm not looking for a brick and mortar store like whole foods. I'm especially interested in WAHMs....and, VERY especially, in a peppermeint/menthol/eucalyptus scented bubble bath

I know naturally luxe sells some things and sudz n dudz...but no bubble bath there for me....deep in my heart I'm just a kid myself...
:

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Most of us in this forum use combinations of baking, soda, vinegar, essential oils, and perhaps castile, vegetable-based, or pure beef/pork tallow soaps. Other ingredients are washing soda, borax, and hydrogen peroxide. From these ingredients, a lot of household cleaners can be made.

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spastica
Most of us in this forum use combinations of baking, soda, vinegar, essential oils, and perhaps castile, vegetable-based, or pure beef/pork tallow soaps. Other ingredients are washing soda, borax, and hydrogen peroxide. From these ingredients, a lot of household cleaners can be made.
Maybe when I'm up to it, right now buying seems more feasible.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Nice list!

Huggerwocky, you can still purchase baking soda and vinegar and use that exclusively for cleaning and scouring. Put the vinegar in an empty spray bottle and spray stainless steel sinks, countertops (non-stone), mirrors, glass, and even bathrooms. For anything with grout, use a 1/2 water, 1/2 vinegar mixture - you can also use this all around the house. I tend to use full strength in the kitchen though to kill more food bacteria. I also use my full strength vinegar (separate bottle) for rinsing off pesticides and dirts off fruits and veggies. This bottle stays under my kitchen sink.

Plain baking soda can be used for scrubbing (countertops, sinks, toilet bowls). Use your usual cleaning supplies (sponge, toilet brush, etc).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.