Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stash of medical supplies at home due to my recent need for home health care. I have bags of IV fluid, syringes of saline and heparin, IV needles, alcohol wipes, etc. Everything is untouched and unopened but the home health people won't take it back since it has been in a private home. I cannot just throw all of it away when I know there has to be an organization that will use it. Home health suggested a vet's office, but the Humane Society won't take it and my vet never called me back about it. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I will be moving to Phoenix soon and I do home IV therapy for immune deficiencies. I am really low on supplies. I had tried to use up as much as possible so we would be moving as little as possible. I use saline, bags of glucose, alcohol wipes, IV start kits, syringes (10 cc), ect.<br><br>
We aren't sure when we are moving. We are waiting on my son's Arizona nursing license paper work to be completed and we don't know how long it will take. We live in Indiana and I have lost my Indiana Medicaid (each state makes it's own Medicaid rules and Indiana lets lots of people die rather than giving them Medicaid for treatable conditions). My IV medications cost $10,000 every 3 weeks if I have them done in the hospital or $3,000 if we do them at home. I have been doing them at home for 20 years. I will get Medicaid in Arizona automatically since I get SSI.<br><br>
If you can hang on to the supplies you have I can contact you when we get to Phoenix. I know what you mean by hating to throw stuff away. There have been times when my $3,000 wasn't shipped right and had to be thrown away!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts