Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like every single stroller out there these days is black, dark blue and just plain gothic looking.

I was hoping to find a really cute baby stroller that has baby colors or at least that 'cute' feel. The only ones I am seeing are really dark colors.

Anybody have any good ideas? Who puts out a cute stroller that isn't black or some funky color?

Thanks in advance.
Caring Touch
3/27/04

·
Premium Member
22,688 Posts
Good question, I'm not sure. My stroller was in dark blue plaid. When I was going to the hospital to the breastfeeding clinic when my daughter was about a week old, someone in the elevator saw us and thought the baby was a boy. I told him she was a girl, but he said I must have wanted a boy because of the blue stroller. Idiot.

There are some cute umbrella strollers, but those aren't good for newborns.

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Hmmm, a lot depends on what kind of stroller you wish to use. Are you looking for a travel system? A Snap-n-Go infant seat carrier? Many of the more interesting strollers (in style and color) simply aren't available for infants...only for babies 6 months and up. Aprica strollers are bright, gorgeous things...but they're around $500 too.
:

Are you specifically looking for an infant stroller?

FWIW, we never did the infant stroller with DD. A sling or her infant car seat carrier in a shopping cart (or restaurant booth, if eating out) was enough. Once she was older and could sit up, we got a Maclaren Volo stroller for some outings.

I think the dark colors likely just hide dirt better and that's the biggest reason they are offered.

You might try "Life with a Babe" forum for more responses.

·
Registered
11,187 Posts
Have you checked out this site? I bought our stroller through it. I paid what I would have for a run of the mill stroller from K-Mart and got a Combi with techno blue and black fabric. I love it! Check it out!
http://www.strollers4less.com

bloodrayne -- HA! Your post made me laugh. If only they did have personality to match their owner's and kids! They certainly have plenty of "Yuppie" strollers!

Edited to add: Strollers4less's stock changes every month or so. Also, if you click to find out more details on a boring blue or black stroller, you may find it comes in orange or techno blue or whatever. Best of luck!

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Just FYI strollers get dirty quickly - they're used outside and kiddos often snack in them and such. It makes life easier to have a darker fabric that doesn't show stains and wear.

We had a lighter fabric with my first DD - never again.

While the black and grey fabric combinations are quite hot right now in the European strollers - the sporty look - there is also a trend among the mainstreamers to have the sage/tan/natural combinations. Think Graco, Evenflo, etc...think Babies R Us - they have loads.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Baby slings come in a wide array of colors and fabric choices. I will never go back to using a stroller. I love my slings and wouldn't leave the house with out it tucked in my diaper bag (Mayawraps slings fit in your diaper bag).
www.mayawrap.com
and over the shoulder baby holder are two to look into.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.