Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 20 weeks pregnant and have not yet picked a midwife. Other than going to any old ultrasound in a box place, can anyone recommend a good place to get an independent ultrasound? We want to get the anatomy scan to see if all the organs are growing right and check the placenta and all that good stuff. I know every doctors office does ultrasound, but don't you have to be a patient? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
366 Posts
<p>Call up a few of the HB midwives in Houston.  A couple of the midwives I met with work with independent sonographers, and I'm sure that they would be willing to pass along their information.</p>

·
Registered
42,824 Posts
<p>Yes- there is an independent u/s tech who works with the HB midwives.  Also a few midwives have u/s machines in office.  I'm pretty sure Nativiti does, not sure who else.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>-Angela</p>

·
Registered
8,900 Posts
<p>Sonomasters, Inc., now has a brick-and-mortar office in the Cypress area where you can get an u/s.  I'm not entirely sure if theirs are Level II or not, though.  Debbie is the main tech there and the one that most of the midwives in the area have used for years.  She and Kim are both wonderful and very experienced.  Way better than any random place, to be sure! :)  You can also arrange to meet them when they're working at a doctor's office - they service various offices around town, including at St. Joe's downtown and at Guilliam's in West Houston.  You can call Debbie at 832-275-9971.</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts