Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a very low milk supply and I've heard people talking about this...
I called my dr and she had absolutely no idea what it was (maybe time to get a new doc?) Can I buy this somewhere, or does it need to be prescribed? How well does it work? Any info you can give me on it would be fabulous. Thanks!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I believe you can get it online. When I got mine, I had the doctor write a prescription and I went to a compounding pharmacy. You have to go somewhere that they make their own (or can make their own) drugs.

Ask your doctor about compounding pharmacies. You may be able to get a referral. Otherwise, some hospitals have them or google your state.

·
Registered
11,770 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Most Docs in the US aren't familiar with it, as the company can't get a patent for the drug here so it will NEVER be sold here. Docs in other countries are very familiar with it, as it's a rather standard drug. You can tell your doc it is like Reglan but does not cross the blood-brain barrier. I can't believe more docs don't know about domperidone.

I used the globaldrug.tv site, they were great. I ended up getting some of my standard 'scripts from there too, as their prices were a touch lower than my co-pays in some cases! -j

·
Registered
21 Posts
have you tried Reglan? I tried it and it was amazing, I had a TON of milk, only I couldn't stay on it, I had a rare reaction to it- the one where it makes your jaw muscles and tongue muscles spasm!
:
: It was stopped with benedryl
, pretty shocking though. I guess the dose was too high for me, I tried the lower dose though and still had some muscle tightness. SO if you try it- take one dose,then WAIT and see how you feel
. But it works AWESOME. That was the best 24 hours of nursing I've ever had. I have okay luck with fenugreek and goat's rue herbs. My pediatrician actually reccomended them. I was told you can't get domperidone in the US but in Canada you can??

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
I had a VERY bad experience with Reglan. I literally could not stop cryung for about 4 days.
I had a good experience with Global Drug, too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.