Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard about this book and would love to get my hands on one. The one in Amazon is for ages 9 and up. Im not sure if thats the only one that ever existed or if there´s another one for younger kids. Where can I get this?
:

Also, can anyone recommend a good art book for a very imaginative first grader? Shes basically waiting for me to challenge her with new techniques in art but I have no art background whatsoever.

Any advice?

Paz,

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
we have "The Anti-Coloring Book" by Susan Striker and Edward Kimmel (isbn 0-8050-0246-4) It's put out by Holt publishing, but we got ours ages and ages ago.

Maybe the extra info will help you to track one down.

There are other books in that series too.

For the art--we have a few books from the "Start with Art" series (Still LIfe, Landscapes, Animals and People) On each double page spread, there is a blurb about a famous artist, an example of his/her work, and suggestions for trying your hand at a particular technique. (Aladdin Books--isbn0-7613-0843-1)

hth

ps--AHA! look here: http://www.susanstriker.com/anticoloring.html

·
Registered
117 Posts
I had this book when I was ~7 yrs old. I have it sitting in my lap right now and love to look back on what I wrote down in it. It was my favorite nighttime thing to do before I started keeping a journal as a kid.

It is called The Fourth Anti coloring book by Susan Striker. I would love to know where I could find one for my daughter....off to do a search on Amazon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.