• At home in birthing pool

Votes: 26 20.3%
  • other

Votes: 34 26.6%
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
In a hospital with a midwife for ds2. My first two pg where high risk so I felt more comfy at a hospital. I was suppose to birth in a whirl pool thing, but Very adimentally told them no when they wanted me to go to the tub. I delivered on my side in bed with no meds.

It is weird how things can change once your in it. I just trusted my self and all went well. My entire labor was from 12-140am. I was at just under 2cm at the start. I probably would have had him on the floor had I tried to make it to the tub!

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
In a birth center in bed. I was really looking forward tolaboring in the tub, and might have delivered there, but I HATED it when the time came. It just didn't feel right.

We hope to have the next one at home.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
on the couch at home (in the family room no les, LOL!)

(I knelt on the seating area of the couch, hanging off the back of the couch like women in birth tubs sometimes do. It was great; I was well-supported and upright. Highly reccomend!
)

·
Registered
480 Posts
DS1 was born at the hospital in bed, flat on my back ~~sigh~~
DS2 was born at the hospital hovering over/near the bed in a squat... much to the wandering OBs' dismay LOL
DC#3 is due in late April/early May -- we're planning a home/water birth.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Have to say she actually finally emerged on the bed but did most of my pushing on the toilet after the bathtub at the birthing center just did not want to have to fish her out of the toilet bowl....

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had mine all at a hospital but the unit is called Maternal/Family Center, so I don't know if that qualifies as a "birth center" or not. The suites are set up like home bedrooms with the beds that the foot drops off of, has a glider, TV/VCR/CD player etc.. you labor and deliver in one room then after the birth go to the other room that has a king sized bed and baby rooms in etc...

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
I voted 'at home in birthing pool' because that's what I did the 2nd time around. First time was at home in bed though (with labor in birthing pool).

·
Registered
18,562 Posts
I birthed both times in a hospital, but it was a nice hospital. It has as separate Family Birth Center. The room was private, big, had a sofa and TV and recliner, big bathroom, peaceful decor including pergowood flooring. The bed turned into a birthing chair-type thing, the medical equipment was kept out of sight unless being used. It was very nice. The recovery room was not as great but still private.

A local mama just had a waterbirth in the same birth center. She brought her own birthing pool with her and apparently it's the first hospital waterbirth in the city! The nurses were very respectful of my wishes when I gave birth there.

Darshani

·
Registered
7,632 Posts
i planned to have my son at home in a birthing pool..but it didnt quite go as planned so i had him in our bedroom on the bed. it was perfect!

·
Registered
727 Posts
ds1 in a hospital bed, fairly traditional positioning
dd1 in a hospital bed sitting up with the stirrups below me, so I used them to support my feet but I was sitting on the end of the bed in a sit/squat position. It wasn't comfy for my dr but it worked well for me.
ds2 in the bathtub
ds3 in the dining room
ds4 on the toilet in the master bath

·
Registered
10,399 Posts
I voted "at home in bed," but I wasn't actually in bed, either time. I was at home squatting on a birthing stool both times.

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
I guess I could have voted 4 times I have had 2 hospital births on delivery tables-- one was almost on a gurney.
and I have had 2 home births our first homebirth she was born in the livingroom I was kneeling
second home birth I was squatting in the door way between the bedroom and the hallway also on the floor.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.