Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting some diapers from a trade and I'm really comfused with all the choises, I would really apreciate your help, really!!!!!!!!!!!
My baby is 1 y/o and she had been ecing untill over a month ago, so this will be a good way to keep a little of ecing combined with cd.

I want AIO because she runs a lot and I have a hard time getting the diaper on her, something absorvent. I don't have an idea about this.

Oh yes I have to choose from this store http://www.lilbunz.com/store/WsDefau...mbs=No&Thumbs=

and I was looking at the
Kissaluvs and Galores
please give me your feedback on these.

One more question, do baby tend to get rash whith diapers? my girl has never had a diaper rash or any rash because of ecing.
Will I need a rash lotion or something like that?

anyone has try the diaper rash salve at nothernessence.com?
http://www.northernessence.com/catalog.php?category=5

Thanks for your help,
Nelly

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
My son only gets a rash when he eats wheat, or has had a poop that we have not discovered until it's to late...and this happens in sposies to. I have only needed a rash cream 3 times in his 9 months of life. I would not use a rash cream with your diapers. If you need to use a cream then use a liner or put babe is a plain flat or pf. Most creams with coat and stain cloth diapers.

If you want an AIO then go with one of the pockets. I personally don't like pockets or AIO's, but it's really personal preferance. I'm not sure if the Kissaluvs will be absorbant enough. Hemp is the most absorbant material, along with some organic cotton. With the pocket the baby stays dry because the fleece keeps the moisture away and you can stuff it with hemp, or prefolds or even washcloths in a pinch. I would suggest getting a few different things to try and decide after you have used different diapering products. That's really the ony way since all babies are made differently and what works on one may not work on another. You may also discover a system you prefer over another. Ds hates changes to and is always trying to squirm away. I still prefer trim fitteds with wool or another breathable cover.

I wanted to add that pocket diapers with cotton prints will wick or leak. They may look cute, but I hate them. It is much better to stick with polyester solid colors in a pocket. The only time I have had a leak with my diapers is when dh forgets the cover
: , or the diaper has been left on way to long...also dh
: . I get more leaks with sposies then I ever do with cloth. Sometimes it gets on the cover, but rarely does it go beyond.

·
Premium Member
6,371 Posts
My favorite aio from lilbunz is happy heinys pockets because of the velcro. I like the fuzzi bunz too but they take a little longer because of the snaps and squirmy babe.
You shouldnt need to buy a rash cream. Angelica never gets a rash because of cloth. I htink the reason some babes do is from detergant build up or they may be allergic to the type of fabric ect ect.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What do you recommend for night, and how many times do you change the cd? I find that she doesn't like to feel wet, and she would start fuzzing in her sleep 'till I change her diaper.

also, how do prefold work? maybe I can get this babe to stay put while I change her... one thing is for sure, she hates disposables.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
There is no way in hell I would stop ECin your shoes. It's my son's bum, and I will not make him pee and poop in his dipe just to please someone else if he prefers going in the potty.

Now, we do dipes pretty much full time because he goes back and forth about whether he is keen on going in the potty or couldn't be bothered. I change him whenever he pees. (Poos in the potty mostly) Also, if he is going on the floor, his brother (28 mo) thinks its cool too. Sigh.

Anyhow, what I find works well for us, is to use a fitted dipe (my preference) or prefold without a cover, so that I am aware of when he wets. I find if I use a cover on top, or an AIO, I just don't change quite as much. I dress him warmly on top, and he is fine.

If by chance you do get a rash, the Weleda calendula cream works wonders.

Good luck finding what works for your babe!

·
Registered
127 Posts
I also use Weleda calendula cream once in a while and haven't had any problems (I also add a squirt of Dawn in the wash just in case).

I think the kissaluvs would be a great choice for daytime w/o a cover. They aren't too absorbant, but your son will feel wet and want to change. I wouldn't use fleece lined stuff for daytime, just so that you can continue with ECing, you want him to know when he wets.

Now for nights fleece lined hemp fitteds would be great. They will breath, unlike FB which end up being all hot and steamy in the morning. But, that's just my preference, some mom's swear by FBs for nights.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.