Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My neighbor told me today that she read that you're not supposed to nurse while pregnant, because you need a lot of energy for the pregnancy, and nursing takes up too much of it.

I swear, this is exactly what she said. I told her that that was not the information that I had - that it's perfectly safe and normal to nurse while pregnant, barring any preterm labor kind of complications.

But seriously, who the heck is printing this kind of information?

·
Registered
6,388 Posts
that's bizarre. even those mainstream rags in the OBs office say it's fine, and that was in a column by the WTEWYE woman! i was shocked to read that.

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
Those mainstream pregnancy books, you know the ones... they recommend weaning before or very early in pregnancy.
I have heard that in "what to eat when you are expecting" it says that mother can't get enough nutrition to grow a fetus and nurse a toddler at the same time. It's "general" knowledge, and totally wrong!
I'd daresay you could find loads of sources for that sort of mis-information, if you wanted to look for it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.