Mothering Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>We try to keep things simplified by getting rid of toys as new ones come in so I have a big box of toys to give away but am not sure where to donate them in NJ other than Salvation Army. Just curious to see where other people donate their used toys?</p>

·
Registered
7,279 Posts
<p>you could try freecycle?</p>

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
<p>VVA</p>
<p>You can go to Scheduleapickup.com to schedule them, and they will pick things up at your door.</p>

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
<p>I either try to sell them at a place like 'other mothers' or a kidde resale shoppe, then I just take them to a place like Savers, Salvation Army or Goodwill.  Lots of times they have donation bins in parking lots where you can just leave the stuff or you can drop off after hours at the store in the back or out front by the door. </p>

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
<p>I donate gently used toys to either Goodwill or the Salvation Army.</p>

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
<p>We have a small church run thrift store.  Everything goes there, I know all the money is kept in our small community.  And honestly, it just has to go OUT, if I didn't have that thrift store I'd do anything to get it out.  If it stays in the house people dig through the bags and boxes and all my hard work was for naught.</p>

·
Registered
263 Posts
<p>We also try to give to our local "free store." I feel like some of the thrift stores around here charge way too much for their stuff. (8.00 for a pair of jeans that you can't even try on!) Although I know the money goes to a good cause. I know that the stuff I give to the free store is going directly to needy families.</p>

·
Registered
6,006 Posts
<p>We have shelter for woman and children near us. These are often woman who have left an abusive situation and are getting ready to transition into their own places and have virtually nothing.  They are always looking for good quality toys so we donate to them. If they are not accepting we give to goodwill.</p>

·
Premium Member
12,214 Posts
<p>First, I ask other local mom friends if they want it.  If there aren't any takers, I list it as free on craigslist.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If it's in like new condition, I'll try to sell it.</p>

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
<p>I take the better ones to the recycled shop and I get some money for those. The ones that aren't good enough to take there, I drop off at St Vinnies. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Every second year there is a big fair at our school, and that is happening in 2011 so that will give me a chance to give some to the school.</p>

1 - 11 of 11 Posts