Mothering Forum banner

Where do you hold classes, CBE's?

521 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Jillie
The title says it all, if you don't work for someone else, where do you have your classes?
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Hi Jillie,

I'm teach in the conference room of my father-in-law's small software business. They work regular day hours so I can use it either in the evenings or on weekends. The best part is that it's *free*. The space is also plenty large and the building has several bathrooms and a kitchen. The down side is that the decor is very sterile, as you would expect from a conference room, so I'm working on slowly warming it up with things I can pack away after class. I recently bought some inexpensive twin-size sheets to use as tablecloths and am pleased with how that looks.

Other CBE's I know teach either in their homes or in a chiro's office or some place like that.
Hi! When I'm certified (hope to be finished with my ALACE studies by the end of the year ), I will be teaching out of my home. I really like the thought of having an intimate setting for discussion. Also, because my husband works a lot, I need to be able to teach without always having to rely on childcare.

Christy
I teach in a small gym space. The women who own the space offer physical, occupational, speech, massage and marrriage and family therapies. Their vision is to offer a space that is woman-centered. It has been a great space to work in thus far. We pay for the space with a portion of the money made on classes. I have to agree that it is quite sterile though. It takes tons of positive posters with great birthing quotes, instructinal quotes, table cloths, and background music to make the families feel comfy.
~Julie
I teach at my church. My classes are more Christian community based, but others will come also. We have many missionaries from surrounding countries (not safe for having babies) come here just to have babies but have gotten no classes. After doing 3 one-day crash courses for moms over the past few months, I'm thinking I need to offer classes specifically for those visiting on short term. My plan eventually is to also offer the classes in Thai... if only I could speak it well enough on that level.

Have you thought about asking one of the couples in your class to host it at their home in exchange for free classes? That's my only other option that I use, especially since this city is so big and the couple may have a more centralized location.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kannon99

Have you thought about asking one of the couples in your class to host it at their home in exchange for free classes? That's my only other option that I use, especially since this city is so big and the couple may have a more centralized location.
Oh, I like this idea. I've also thought about using my church. Thanks everyone for the ideas.
See less See more
1 - 7 of 7 Posts