Mothering Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a jogging stroller and umbrella stroller and a stroller that fits with my infant car seat. They're all so bulky and don't stand up well when folded.

How do you keep them neatly stored and accessible?

I've been keeping my jogger in the the trunk (which fills it up inconveniently), my umbrella in the attic (which means I never use it) and actually gave away my snap-in to a friend TTC because I was tired of it cluttering up the nursery (so now I definitely can't use that one).

I would like to have the option to use these but not to have to live with them all the time. I have a very small house with minimal closet space. My shed is in the back yard, but I do have one.

Ideas?

·
Registered
43,705 Posts
I used to keep my umbrella stroller in the trunk of the car and the bulkier stroller in the front hallway, as we used that one for walks around the neighborhood (and the umbrella stroller was perfect for malls and stuff and the big stroller was too hard for me to get in and out of my trunk.) I never had a stroller with the pop-in baby seat, but if I did, it would have lived in my trunk (in place of the umbrella stroller) until the baby outgrew the infant carseat.

Extra strollers (such as the single stroller when I had two babies) went in the garage or the basement.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I say pick your favorite and get rid of the others! I have only ever had a jogging stroller, used mostly for walking around neighborhood. I keep it in the carport or garage now, but before we had a "safe" porch, I kept it in the entryway of our house, not folded. We used it every day, and I would put it on the porch or in a bedroom if we were having lots of people over. As long as they are out of the weather and not going to be stolen, I prefer outside.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I keep the umbrella in my car (on the floor in the backseat) which I use when down at the shops etc i fI want to whip around quickly rather than waiting for dd to take her time.

The larger jogger style I keep on my front porch since I only use it for big walks (totally don't like it there at my front door but there is nowhere else for it).

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
All our strollers have stayed in the garage. Before we moved here we were in a townhome, and the one I had sat in the coat closet. They were seldom used. I got rid of one, the other broke. Now all I have is my convertible bike trailer, which I can't actually use as a trailer right now because I lost the attachment washer that goes on the bike, and my bike is broken. So it stays in stroller mode in the garage, handy for walks to the park, and if I want to take it somewhere I fold it up to put in the trunk. It's a bit of a hassle to fold up, though, so I've been working on making DD walk more!

·
Registered
27,052 Posts
I second Ruthla's suggestion to keep the umbrella stroller in the car for those times when you are out and about and suddenly need a stroller and keep the jogging stroller in your home ready to use for regular walks and such.

Having both assembled every sort of stroller there is and having dealt with people pushing every stroller there is in library and store aisles, I've got to say that getting rid of the clip-in stroller was a great idea. Yeah, they've got their time, but it's such a short time, and they are soooo awkward.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I keep my jogger set up under my carport as I only use it to take my kids on walks. I'm not even sure it would fit in my trunk. I keep my two umbrella style strollers in my trunk. They don't take up much space.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Well, I just donated mine to the pregnancy crisis center. They need them. I don't use them. I wear my babies. I do, however, have an umbrella stroller which stays in the car. The only time that I use this is when I have to transport a sick little one to the pediatrician and he/she is too ill to walk.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Maclaren umbrella stays in my car (rav4 cargo area).
Jeep jogger stays folded in the garage, I don't ever travel with it.
Jeep umbrella is hanging from the ceiling on the garage. We NEVER use it - I should donate it.
Snap-in/jogger stays in garage. I don't use it now that it is so snowy, but it converts into a non-snapin. I might give it to my friend who is expecting.

Hmmm, I have too many strollers, don't I!

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
I've got a double jogging stroller that lives in the shed, because I use it primarily in our neighborhood to exercise. The chicco little stroller (like an umbrella, but not as flimsy) lives in the trunk of my Odyssey, because that is the one that gets used out and about, although most of the time he's in the sling still (he's 14 months)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.