Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,<br><br>
For my birthday I got some credit with air canada, so basically I can use it to go where I choose. The credit is only valid for DD and I, so I'm wondering what would be a good place to travel with a toddler? I'd probably stick to somewhere in north/central america or europe. Anywhere further than that is too pricey... and also would prefer somewhere that isnt too expensive to stay since I have to pay for that part lol.<br><br>
Any ideas?

·
Registered
9,431 Posts
That's a tough question! I don't think there's anywhere in particular that would be good for every toddler -- the best place to travel would be a place where your whole family will feel at ease and relaxed enough to show your toddler a great time.<br><br>
Our favorite vacations since DS was born have been Puerto Vallarta, Monterey, and Yosemite -- 3 very different places, but since DH and I loved them so much and were relaxed, happy parents, DS had a wonderful time in all of them!

·
Registered
575 Posts
We took a trip to Europe this past Fall and did a stopover in Dublin. It was great for DD. It was VERY child friendly, even in pubs. We stuck her in the Ergo and went all over. Drawbacks are that it is expensive for lodging and food, especially with the current stellar performance of our dollar, but we were only there two nights. For a longer stay we would have rented an apartment to save on lodging and food costs. And there are parks readily available for play time. What a fun "dilemma" for you to have!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
great thread! Subbing.<br><br>
Dh and I have been talking about taking a vacation in the late spring and don't want to do what we did last year. Flying somewhere *else" sounds exciting.<br><br>
Last year we went camping and "light" mountain biking. We put ds in the burley trailer and would ride for a few hours stretch. As ds would promptly fall asleep in the burley, that dictated our ride one way. Then we would picnic & play before heading back.<br><br>
We also took him to a waterpark, a place pre-kiddos, we thought we would never go! ds has a blast!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Subbing! Always trying to think of someplace new to travel. Our next trip is to San Francisco to see friends, but I would love to do something more adventurous. Now....to convince DH and find some airline credits.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts