Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stb-DW and I are planning to start TTC in August, but the last time I did this it was with ex-H so a little easier, lol.

We have no idea where to even start looking at donor profiles. At this point we do not want a known donor, at least not a personally known one.

The few donor websites I have checked out all make you pay before you can look at full profiles. I don't want to pay if it's not a good sperm bank.

I would be open to all sorts of other donor options and DP would be too, but we don't even know where to begin. It's all so overwhelming.

We know we want to try ICI or IUI at home, and we are starting to chart. We have Taking Charge of Your Fertility and are reading through that. Any other books we should be reading?

Where should we be looking?!

Help!

TIA

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can someone link me to a thread that helps figure out the beginning steps? I keep reading threads but I am still so overwhelmed!

·
Premium Member
4,770 Posts
Hello! Here is a link to our Resources page. It can be found at the top of the main forum page in the Guidelines. It lists books and some threads where we talked about what worked for us. Some of the book links need to be updated but you can see the name and author. The book by Stephanie Brill is the most popular. They are updating it but the new version is not out yet. You may be able to find it at the library or used. Maia Midwifery is the business that Brill and Toevs started, and if you look for their website, they have classes you can take online about timing and fertility. The midwife also does consultations if you want to talk to an expert and have her look at your charts. We used the Sperm Bank of California. It has a good reputation and others from this forum have used them. They are non-profit and have low family limits. You can see limited profiles on their website but you do have to pay to see the full profiles.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@pokeyac THANK YOU! And I feel like an idiot for not looking up to see the resources at the top of the forum. It's been a while since I have been back on Mothering.

Again, thank you so much

·
Premium Member
4,770 Posts
No worries! It's not that easy to see unfortunately. I hope it helps.:grin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts