Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The summer is coming to an end and you are thinking- where to buy a backpack for back to school.
You want something durable, very cool, and that won't break the bank. OK- but what if by purchasing this bag you could also help a child in need go to school? Sounds good right?

Well, we came across these bags by Ace of Good. (AceofGood.com)
Their America collection comes in a backpack or messenger bag version and they are made from black canvas and up-cycled bicycle inner tubes giving them a very cool look.
And these bags are made in the USA providing American jobs.

This would be enough to compel us to fork over the modest $59 to Ace of Good for an America backpack or messenger bag, but the best is yet to come.

Ace of Good is a one for one backpack company, so for every bag you purchase they deliver another, filled with school supplies, to a child in need.

The UN estimates that there are 120 million children denied an education every year simply because they cannot afford basic school supplies. A backpack filled with school supplies in the hands of one of these children has the ability to re-write that child's future.

This summer AceofGood.com is where to buy a backpack.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,706 Posts
Hi, AoG and welcome to Mothering! I appreciate you sharing these bags, made in the US (for those of us local to that part of the world) that have a mission for good. I'll check it out. This post can serve as your introduction post, where you are welcome to share your business affiliation. If you wish to post here as an advertiser please contact: [email protected]. Nice looking bags!

·
Registered
1 Posts
It looks pretty good. I'm a young mom and I don't have much experience. My first child is going to school soon and I am concerned about choosing a backpack for him. I'm one of those moms who overprotects a child. Yes, it's bad, but I'm already working on this problem with my psychologist. But I think regarding the child's health, overprotection only benefits. I have heard that ordinary backpacks negatively affect the development of children's back bones . Do any of you know if this is true? Therefore, I'm leaning towards a bag instead of a backpack, as you have in 1 photo. I think it's much healthier than carrying a regular backpack. what do you think?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts