Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just getting started (didn't cloth diaper my first) buying for baby due Aug 3rd. I bought a few online (yikes $$$) and I was wondering if there are stores around here that carry good quality cloth diapers. I live in the Concord area.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Hi!

I have been a lot of places all over MA and RI, I can't find them either.

However, I have been getting stuff from this place. She is in Framingham MA, so shipping is cheap, cheap and fast. Also, I believe that you can go visit her and shop there, but you may need to email her on that.

http://www.zannadu.com/

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
LOL..that is funny! Out of the zillions of diaper websites you order right in your backyard! I also did not notice that she was in MA till I was ready to order. She has specials all the time, her prices are really good I think. When you get on her email list, she emails coupons!

Good Luck!

·
Registered
474 Posts
www.loveybums.com
is in Western Mass and shipping is about $2. However, I think she's closed for orders right now. She also sells at a store in Northampton and one in Greenfield.
I believe there is a store in the Hartford area called the Papaya Patch and they sell cloth. I think you can find them at www.diaperpin.com
Good luck!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Hi mamabbt

Well, I have never actually seen cloth diapers in a store, unfortunately, but the web is probably the best place to find deals anyways. If you are interested in seeing the dipes before you decide what you like, the best thing to do is to find other CD'ing mamas and check out their stashes.

I buy lots of dipes off the Trading POst right here on MDC because lots of times mamas have bought too many dipes and need to sell some off so they are in great condition and pretty reasonably priced. I have also bought them off ebay, again only in EC and if I can pirate an auction.

Seems like if you bought them from a store you'd pay too much cuz the price of the dipe would actually be taking into account the overhead of the shop....rent, utilities, etc. Am I making any sense whatsoever?

Take care!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone
Hi Karma!!!

I emailed and Zannadu doesn't have a store but she does workshops where folks can view and try the diapers.

I agree, it would be great hang with other moms who cloth diaper but unfortunately I don't know any. Hopefully that will change soon...

I'm just going to take the plunge and see how it works out. I am making a small initial investment until I find out what works and is *easy*. I am even hoping my 3yo will make the switch when he sees the new baby's cool cloth dipes
we'll see.

Thanks again everyone!

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
If you're ever in CT, look up Papaya Patch in West Hartford (Farmington Ave, I think the street # is 920?). That's where I bought my first ever cloth diapers. Cari carries FBs, JBs, Bummis, Kissaluvs, Aristocrats, prefolds, snappis ... as well as lots of oganic clothing, robeez, wooden toys, books etc. I
that place!!

·
Registered
234 Posts
I just wanted to add if there is anyplace around you that does cloth diaper laundry service they will often sell the ones that have been used a bit. Don't get grossed out they are perfectly clean no stains, disinfected and all, just maybe not perfect to look at. At Pete's Laundry they were really inexpensive, and diaper service diapers are great quality, not unbleached or organic, but cotton nonetheless and a great alt. to expensive ones!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.