Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
We get ours at Goodwill or Craigslist or Freecycle. They are cheap and all you have to check is if they are cracked. Pay special attention to the rim as if there are cracks or chips they will not seal. I was given some really pretty antique blue mason jars once and I love them!

·
Premium Member
4,858 Posts
In the grocery store, they are with the bags & wraps or in the baking aisle. I second the freecycle thing though. I almost always get mine from there, but often they are big quarts. I'm a fan of the 1/4 pints for gifts, so those I have to buy.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AllisonK View Post
We get ours at Goodwill or Craigslist or Freecycle. They are cheap and all you have to check is if they are cracked. Pay special attention to the rim as if there are cracks or chips they will not seal. I was given some really pretty antique blue mason jars once and I love them!
Your GoodWill sells them? Ours had some ready to be disposed of, they said they couldn't sell them! But my husband offered to "dispose" of them for them, with a charitable donation. So we got two boxes of mason jars for $2 each.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by StormySar View Post
Your GoodWill sells them? Ours had some ready to be disposed of, they said they couldn't sell them! But my husband offered to "dispose" of them for them, with a charitable donation. So we got two boxes of mason jars for $2 each.
Yeah I think they are maybe 20 cents each or something like that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.