Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy my son a $6 habba wooden rattle (trix) for christmas but everywhere I've looked shipping has been about $5-7 for a $6 dollar toy that can't weigh hardly anything. Any tips on where to find this toy or other favorite sites where I can buy just one toy at a time and not pay too much in shipping?<br><br>
Thanks,<br>
Ashley

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
A standard for most business is about what you are seeing. It is also not just the weight of the object that is added(most of the time) to the cost, handling is also factored in. Boxes and the time to pack your shipment are not free. Many businesses balance the costs. i.e. loosing money on shipping a larger/heavier item vs. gaining a little shipping a smaller/lighter item. Some companies build these costs into the price of the item, others into the price of shipping.<br><br>
You might check ebay because many(not all) sellers may have more flexibility in how they ship.<br><br>
Also, buying one toy at a time, especially one's that are relatively inexpensive, is not a cost effective way to do mail order or online ordering. My suggestion is to save up and purchase a few items at once. Then a $5-$6 shipping fee won't seem so bad. Remember, you are paying for the convenience of not having to step out of your house to buy the toys.<br><br>
Happy Shopping!<br>
Kathy

·
Registered
168 Posts
I bought some haba toys from "baby because" and paid about 8 dollars for shipping. I don't mind though, I figure I am supporting a good company and leave it at that, not to mention the toys are brought right to my front door. Unless you have a retailer in town that sells them, shipping will be an issue. During the holidays though...who wants to deal with the shopping crowds?

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
You may want to try kidsurplus.com. They have Haba toys for less and they shop based on weight, so it might be cheaper.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi,<br><br>
I buy all HABA for my little man from www. cnygiftworld.com. Their customer service is great and there is alaways free shipping....

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you so much for the liks, they were very helpful!!<br><br>
Ashley

·
Registered
464 Posts
You might also find out if any of your friends would like to buy items from the site you're interested in, and then go in together for shipping.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts