Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a good place to donate used stuffed animals, or does anyone want any? I just got done washing and drying about two brown paper bags full and was going to take the to HCMC's service legue and they said they can only take new ones.

There is a barney, and several small beaning babies - all clean!

I could just take them to the goodwill I suppose. But I'd rather take them to a place they could be handed to kids who need them as they need them. when my dd was in the ER a few years ago she was given one. She had a ton at home and didn't need another one, but right at that moment she sure did and it helped a lot!

Thanks,
Tracy

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh wow, that is a great idea! So ironic, too! I grew up across the street from the family that started that house. I don't know if it gives this info on their site or not, but the family's daughter, Tracy, was killed while in the service. She was abducted off an airforce base I believe, in another state, and was missing for around 3 days. It was all over the news here. Then she was found murdered. And her Dad built this shelter in her memory. I think that was around 1995.

~Tracy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts