Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Also posted in the good eating forum)
I've sent emails to all the WAPF chapter leaders in my state (although sent two just this morning, to the furthest areas from my home) and haven't gotten any replies yet. All the places listed on www.realmilk.com for Arkansas are either very far from me or only have goat's milk. I don't know a thing about goat's milk, I'd rather start with something I know how to use. I am not having any success finding raw cows milk!

I live in Conway, but I'm willing to drive a little ways!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by oneKnight View Post
(Also posted in the good eating forum)
I've sent emails to all the WAPF chapter leaders in my state (although sent two just this morning, to the furthest areas from my home) and haven't gotten any replies yet. All the places listed on www.realmilk.com for Arkansas are either very far from me or only have goat's milk. I don't know a thing about goat's milk, I'd rather start with something I know how to use. I am not having any success finding raw cows milk!

I live in Conway, but I'm willing to drive a little ways!
I live in Louisiana and I just got this email 2 days ago. You can have it shipped to you. I think you click on dairy, then click on cow share.

www.LafayetteWAPF.com

Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
my understanding is that it is illeagle to sell raw cow's milk in AR. That's why it is all goats milk.

If you try it and like the taste, I don't think you'd have a hard time using it like cows milk.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mallory View Post
my understanding is that it is illeagle to sell raw cow's milk in AR. That's why it is all goats milk.

If you try it and like the taste, I don't think you'd have a hard time using it like cows milk.
It's also illegal in Louisiana, but farmers do what is called a cowshare program. You pay a small amount to buy your stock in one cow and you pay like 25 per month. With that, you get all of your milk for the month.

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I even tried to order some frozen milk from CA from organicpastures.com. I got their phone system instead of people, so I sent an email order....I expected someone to email me a total with shipping and instructions for sending payment but nothing from them in 2 days. I guess they're not all that interested in my business??? Oh why does this have to be so difficult!

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Hitting all the AR threads, so sorry if this is a cross-post. The Arkansas Breastfeeding Coalition needs your support! If you have not already done so, please visit the website and join this project. Things are starting to move very quickly, and we need your support!
www.arkansasbreastfeedingcoalition.org

At this time the Women's Caucus is considering sponsoring this legislation, the first of its kind in Arkansas. There are other representatives who have said they will co-sponsor as well. Sign up at the ABC site to stay informed on this project.

And please pass the word about the ABC to as many people in the state as possible. There is also a thread here about the ABC.

·
Registered
158 Posts
One Knight-

Hardin's River Mercantile is getting ready to sell cow shares! You have to be a basket a month member- I am, and its some pretty good stuff. I don't know all the details just thought I would let you know, I have tried organic pastures and LA WAPF- shipping to way too expensive.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I know this is an older thread, but I just had to drop a shout-out for Jody Hardin & Hardin's River Mercantile. They are awesome, ethical, local food producers and they're 40+ farms strong. I love my monthly baskets.

Jody's building his structures and buying his calves right now for the cow share, so it's gonna be a little bit before it's up & running.

Happy eating!

Erin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.