Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I want a Mei Tai (and please tell me how to pronounce this, LOL, I am assuming it is not like the drink right)

There are so many diff places to buy a MT. Which one do you have/prefer/want and why? Links please if you have them.

Thanks
Allison

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
There are TONS of places. I like to look at the WAHM made ones that you find on Hyena cart though. They are ALL made by people who are committed to earn a living while taking care of their children. If you are looking for brands. CatBirdBaby has very nice ones. Angelpack has really pretty ones. Babyhawk has a lot of fun and funky prints. Freehand has beautiful ones. Well the list goes on. Have fun.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just bought one from a WAHM that I can't recommend enough. Great quality, awesome service, sparkling personality. She recycles cool vintage fabrics into baby wear, such as mei tai carriers (or ABC carriers, as I've learned). Her name is Jessica, and her website is www.batikbums.com.
I think you can also send in your own fabric or article of clothing for her to recreate a carrier out of it. The cost was about $50, including shipping and an extra pocket for keys, etc.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Mei Tai is pronounced "May-tie"

There are tons of Mei Tais out there. They all have different features. So you have to decided which you'd like to have:

Big body vs. small body

wide straps vs. narrow padded

some Mei tais have hoods, som adjust on the bottom. I think most people would agree that Kozy Carrier is the gold standard. I started there and for me and my dd decided I preferred a smaller body panel.

I would check out the Asian Baby Carrier forum at The Babywearer. www.thebabywearer.com. They have great information and a FSOT forum where you can get a great deal on a Mei Tai. Here on TP, I saw a Babyhawk fs and those have good reviews as well.

HTH!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.