Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not like the fisher price little people, but like cloth ones. Maybe 4 inches tall? I got a great wooden doll house at the thrift store for dd, it's very plain, just wooden, and some furniture, very plain. I dont have any people for it. I saw some wooden people by Melissa and Doug, but they are a little too old for her, she is only 19 months. So where can I order some? I'm thinking like the Waldorf gnomes, but not gnomes,
just people! Thanks!

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
DD has the Melissa and Doug Fold-n-Go dollhouse, which came with a family of wood and rope dolls. Target carries family sets (5 or 6 to a box) that are the exact same doll - but they are just a little bigger. They are too big for DD's dollhouse, but it is a really small one. the family is expensive - $19.99. I actually found the right sized dolls (wood and rope) for DD's house in a department store (actually, 3 different department stores) here in China for under $5 in a family of 5, including a tiny baby and backpacks for the children. And the fabric for the clothes is the EXACT same as the Melissa and Doug dolls - so obviously they come from the same factory.

My DD got the Melissa and Doug ones at 23 months, and she likes them - they are small, but bendable, and she likes carrying them in sets of 2-3. Although they aren't like "babies" to her.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
I found these tonight- they seem simple but fun.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just wanted to let you all know, I found some CUTE wooden fairie dolls at TJ Maxx today. A set of four, each with her own little round wooden stand (they can come off of it for play and then you stick their feet in if you want them to stand on their own) And they were $7.99. I think it's made by Ryan's Room toys. They had a bunch of there, I wish I knew someone else IRL who was into wooden/waldorfy toys, I wanted to snatch them all up!

·
Registered
877 Posts
dd1 has the M&D folding dollhouse, and lost the dolls, so when she received a family of 2 inch tall bears, they moved into the dollhouse. they're from "calico corner," who also make a variety of other critter families (mice, cats, etc...). they have clothes, and joints to move their heads, arms and legs. dd2 discovered them around 16 mos, loves to carry them around and disrobe them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts