Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're moving to NC from PA in a couple of months and are looking for a place to rent. We'd prefer townhouse style, 3 bedrooms, but will also consider an apartment.<br><br>
Does anyone from the Triangle have suggestions for nice, quiet, safe rental communities? DH will be working near NCSU, but a half hour or so commute wouldn't be bad if it meant the right community at the right price.<br><br>
Thanks!

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
There are a fair number of townhouse communities in Raleigh. DH and I lived in Hamstead Crossing, which is about 10 minutes North-ish of NCSU.<br><br>
Townhouses are not selling well right now, so a lot of owners who are moving are renting them instead. My actual townhouse might be for rent right now, but honestly it wasn't in the best shape ever. But it was cute. The landlord was non-existent, pretty much. It was a 3 bedroom with a nice fenced in patio for 875 a month... so that can give you some idea of price.<br><br>
Are you planning a trip down to the area any time before you move? Because the best thing to do would be to drive around that area of Raleigh (Duraleigh Rd, Milbrook Rd, etc) and look for townhouses with for rent signs. Most of them are individually owned and not "rental communities" necessarily. Craigslist works well for that, too. That's how we found ours.

·
Registered
438 Posts
pm'ing you!

·
Registered
371 Posts
where i live!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts