Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,696 Posts
: Glad to hear you're researching GD. I don't know if you've checked out the booklist on MDC yet but here's the link - http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=115037

You might be able to find some books at the library or maybe even find an MDC mama in your area that could loan you some books?

I am fairly new to this board but have found a lot of resources just reading previous threads. I'm sure some other mamas will be able to point you in the direction of some useful threads for "getting started."

Personally, I think a lot of it is about attitude - treat kids with respect and love. And of course, I am still exploring GD "techniques." I am going to read "Raising your Spririted Child" when I can get a copy. I've heard wonderful things about it and my toddler has always been independent-minded.

Best wishes for your journey - and
CONGRATULATIONS on your upcoming graduation!

· Registered
2,696 Posts
Just wanted to add that I am also a big fan of Dr. Sears. Here's the link to his website. www.askdrsears.com which I have bookmarked on my computer.

We also have "The Discipline Book" by Dr. Sears. And of course, his wife, Martha Sears is an RN and contributes to all his books.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.