Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm unhappy to be here, but relieved, I suppose! And I'm super excited to see that I'm not alone. There is a lot of wisdom on these boards. I've been cruising through old posts and I'm already grateful to many of you for your experience, your sharing, and the hope.

Okay, so here's my deal:

I have three little ones. The oldest is start school soon (and I hope to be available to watch them during the day soon) but between now and then, I need someone to watch them while I work. I'm open to whatever works (except unemployed dad coming back into this house to watch them--the reason why I am getting divorced in the first place: six years of him "watching the kids" and not working), but I don't know where to start.

His mother has a lot of problems and isn't speaking to me. My mother has even more problems, including promising to help me & then changing her mind. Now I need to find childcare--fast. Of course, I can't afford it, either.

Any ideas where to start?

·
Banned
36 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by alanonsis
Of course, I can't afford it, either.

Any ideas where to start?
well if you live in the us then you may be eligible to get child care assistance. some daycares offer it, or you can get it for a friend if they are willing. (be sure to tell them it isnt very much i think my mom said its like 2 or 3 dollars an hour) i am sure that if you do qualify you could ask if they know of any daycares. hope this helps. sorry to hear about your situation. i am lucky enough to have a mother who is capable of watching my son while i work and go to school

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have called so many people and had one possible nibble, but I'm not certain if it's a good one.

I really just wish my husband would get his sh*t together, but I can't count on that, and there's no use dwelling on it.
:

Do you have any idea where I would find out if I qualify for assistance?

·
Registered
430 Posts
I'm receiving childcare assistance. I was referred by the welfare office because right after stbx left, I was getting no money and was broke. By me, only some daycare places take the vouchers. Can you call around to daycare places and ask if they accept any discounts or vouchers. Maybe they'll have ideas and can point you in the right direction.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts