Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm born and raised in Quebec, but I've hardly seen any of the rest of Canada.
: Well, I've been to Kitchener/Waterloo area because we have family there, but that's it. I feel like I need to get out and see the rest of the country!

So, where should I start? What are some of the best places to go and why?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Dawson City Yukon!!!
I promise you that you will not be disappointed!!!! Go for the midnight sun on Summer Solstice. Or for the Yukon Quest as it passes through. Or to see the Yukon River break up in the spring. Or just to climb up King Solomon's Dome and see the vast wilderness surrounding you!!! It is my most favourite place on earth! I saw this and had to share!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
This is a big question and I don't have a lot of time but these would be my quick picks:

Newfoundland - we went there when I was a kid and it was really wonderful. In my memory, we went to a different cove everyday and climbed on rocks. Unfortunately, I have no idea where we were.

Bruce peninsula and Manitoulin Island, Ontario - Georgian Bay is absolutely spectacular and the Bruce peninsula and Manitoulin island are the best places to see it if you don't have access to water front property. Actually, Killarney Park would be your other alternative. Really stunning and I think very different than the geography in Quebec.

Jasper Park and the Rockies - again absolutely spectacular; so beautiful it doesn't look real.

There are beautiful places in between - I remember these beautiful coulies in Saskatchewan, I think- but I'll let a local point you to the right places.

And, although I guess I'm biased, I think Toronto is a wonderful city. You can experience so many different cultures just wandering the streets. I don't care for the typical tourist sights, I just like the neighbourhoods. If you need more info on where to go just PM me, it's one of my favourite subjects (I should be a concierge

To drive across Canada and watch the geography slowly change is something I think everyone should get the chance to do. I'm itching for a road trip!

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by northcountrymamma View Post
Dawson City Yukon!!!
I promise you that you will not be disappointed!!!! Go for the midnight sun on Summer Solstice. Or for the Yukon Quest as it passes through. Or to see the Yukon River break up in the spring. Or just to climb up King Solomon's Dome and see the vast wilderness surrounding you!!! It is my most favourite place on earth! I saw this and had to share!
lol I was going to suggest Yukon too. We went to Whitehorse for our honeymoon and absolutely loved it. It is the most beautiful scenery anywhere in the world, I'm sure! and of course there's always Toronto (I'm biased too....)

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Another biased vote for Toronto....
:

If you've stuck to central Canada before, the west coast of BC could be fun, maybe the Gulf Islands.

Drumheller, Alberta is pretty spectacular - I had no idea any of the Canadian landscape was like that! They also have a swell dinosaur museum.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
My family just got back from a trip to the east coast. My favourite part was the Cabot Trail on Cape Breton Island. The scenery is so beautiful and then there's the added bonus that so many local artisans have studios along the way that you can visit. I was very sick with flu and morning sickness when we did the trail, and it was *still* my favourite part of the trip.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts