Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not really sure where to post this. My family may have to move for work, but we have quite a bit of say. We have to be in the Western half of the country. Texas to California or anywhere in between. I'm not sure if we have to stay in the southern half as well or not. That's just how they put it during the talk today.

So if you had the following values and had to choose somewher to go where would you go and why?

My Dh's co has to have an office there (Yeah I know you can't answer that without knowing who he works for. Just assume it needs to be a major metroplex)

I value temperate/moderate climates

Very AP/natural living oriented

Somewhat conservative

Reasonsable cost of living

Family friendly

Decent homebirth laws or birthing centers

Decent homeschool laws

Waldorf schools in the area.

So now...Where does my bubble exsist?

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Hmmm...that probably rules out most all of Montana based on climate and major metroplex type area. Our largest city isn't quite 100K and about 950K in the entire state.

And while I don't know a lot about ND/SD/WY....I think those are probably pretty much ruled out as well.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I would just say depending on what is most important, I think your best bet would be Minneapolis. They are a larger city, have a waldorf school, from what I understand housing is very reasonable,have numerous midwives, and various other cool things. Otherwise I would say west coast but, then people over there are much more liberal. Here's a cool place to check out city stats :cityratings
I took the liberty of setting it to Minneapolis which is actually in the top 10 cites as "favorite places to live" I might add
. Good luck in your city searches, I hope you find a place that fits all or the most important needs for your family.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.