Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ex raver?? LOL "Never!!!!!" I seem to have a slightly backwards storey to everyone else's after just reading the old board from last summer

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...ad.php?t=40087

in case anyone missed it

I began raving in 1992 when DD was 9 months old. Loved it at first sight and was pretty hard core for the next 7 years, at which time I started getting a little more *ahem* responsible and was only raving maybe 3 times a year. Then around 2001 I pared it down again and now only go about once a year!!!

Yes, I also can call it the best time of my life!!! But I have had so many "best time of my life" moments

It's so nice to know that there are more of us out there

·
Registered
71 Posts
: That's Me!!! i try to get out there and soak it in and be a part of it still, it's just so hard with the little ones, feeling responsilbe and then again i've found great things like "Earth Dance" http://www.earthdance.org/ or http://www.earthdance.org/sf/ So much fun and it's kid friendly.... great dance parties late night.
This just happened! ~ http://www.harmonyfestival.com/

good to see you all here! Stay Strong Mama's

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I'm here too! I really wish I could find some exraver mamas IRL, I really miss the scene and the people.

that earthdance site looks cool, but I am wonderring if it really would be kid-friendly? there are a few locations sorta near me. but I guess I can't get the images of what the parties I used to go to out of my head.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Wow, I was just listening to some Rabbit In The Moon today in the car and getting all nostalgic like. Then I find this thread. How freaking cool?!

I miss the good ole party days too. More than anything I miss being the cool raver chick that knew everyone.

monk...the raver legend. :LOL

*Just so you know, monk was my nickname as a child - not some name I hung on to because it sounded cool*

That was thefirst time I felt truly accepted. I'm sure you all know what I mean. It was the first time I truly fit in and was part of a bigger thing. I was no longer the outsider, I was the leader, the magic maker, the chosen one. Gah, must stop thinking of this stuff or I'll get all choked up.

Nice to see that some of us are still around. Dare I say it?

PLUR??? anyone???

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
I STILL have a butt load of beads to make "kandy" with. I just can't bring myself to get rid of them...lol...that was a lot of money.

I will say that my fave DJ (that I saw) was Funk Lab. I got to see them at Daytona Beach on Halloween. I dressed up like a sexy nurse and these guys dressed up like doctors came over and were talking to me and DH and they were just so freaking cool...then they went up on stage and were spinning. They're also dear to my heart because they were spinning at Solrays in Daytona my first time. Man I love me some good ole breaks.

I also really liked Spacemen (man?). I can't find any of their albums which is a major bummer. They're along the lines of Rabbit in the Moon and they put on an awesome show. They had a big alien onstage dancing around and I don't remember much else
but I do remember thinking they were cool. :LOL

·
Registered
70 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by emilym
Yay! Hi Ravers! So who here was into making candy? And who's your fave DJ you ever saw? Mine would probably be Sasha and Digweed

I'm so jealous!!!! I so wish I could have seen Sasha and Digweed. I dunno if I could pinpoint just one DJ during my 12 years of raving
Those years are becoming a huge blur to me now. All I can say is Kandy and PLUR were after my day and really restricted to the Hulla parties
Not that I didn't go all out...........lol I wore more of my daughters jewlery to parties then I think my daughter wore at all lol

emilym your pictures are awesome!!!! Great costumes!!!!

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
oh, yeah I loved making necklaces, I always had a backpack stashed w/ blowpops, binkis and necklaces. I finally gave all my beads to dd to make play jewelry. My favorte dj was Cass and someone else I can't remember, I never got to see Rabbit in the Moon, it seemed like everytime I they came, something would keep me from going, I'm still dissapointed I never saw them.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
hi guys.....while neither dh or i were the plur/kandi types, we are still very involved in the scene! dh runs a drum and bass/jungle label now, and he's been a dj (still plays out) for going on 10 years now........wow.......that makes me feel old....

nice to meet you guys.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I wish I could remember the names of the djs I was into! There were quite a few. Honestly, it seems like a lifetime ago to me now! I think I was into jungle, and "hardcore" raves?? Well, that's pathetic, a few years of my life are now blur to me! But I was seriously
during that time! :LOL

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
so was i, i loved jungle/hardcore and breaks.........i rarely go out anymore, and when i do its to hear dh play, not to 'party'. although i did enough of that back then to last me a lifetime, heh heh.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.