Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, somebody run down the list of things could suddenly delay ovulation pretty please. I'm always a day13 day 14 ovulator, for the past 2 years...regularly as can be. Here it is day 17 and not even a positive opk. What did I do? p.s. I'm 29 if it matters. And you're welcome, because I omitted all my dorky Easter puns.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I don't think you did anything...

I had food poisoning/stomach bug that delayed ovulation once.

Ovulation was a few days later than usual for me this month but I put it down to having the HSG last month.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
I'm 30.....eeeeeasy, eeeeeeasy, I'm still a baby! hehe. I said elsewhere to court that this could be spring related. anybody else think so? I've noticed that my cycles might lengthen/shorten based on the seasons. I might be crazy, though.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I have no idea, but OMG, your signature link made me CRACK. UP.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright I guess I'm going with stress, or maybe Springtime stress? I didn't really feel that stressed, but I am now with not ovulating. It was probably starting up a jogging routine again...which dh laughs at the thought of that being "stressful" to anyone.

Tear -I was hoping someone else would elaborate on your idea, I like it, too. And I would never imply that 30 is old, I was pointing out that I'm young, so this shouldn't be happening!

Carlyle - glad my siggy made you laugh, I was hoping someone would see that. true story. sad, but true.

blondemom - I hope you get your positive opk soon, too! Maybe Springtime is affecting the both of us, and it's just a fluke...

Thanks everybody...back to waiting....
:

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Court View Post
And I would never imply that 30 is old, I was pointing out that I'm young, so this shouldn't be happening!

phew!
hehe. I was giggling over your sig, too. I meant to say something. How cute!

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
It is also possible you are about to O like now since you dipped today and your OPKs are just not picking it up
. Also- a new jogging routine COULD affect oing by a week or so. It is stress on a body whether it is good or bad, stress affects some women's oing more then others.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Court I'm in the same boat.
I usually O really regularly between CD14 and CD17. I had all the signs going into day 15 and then nothing. Now CD22 and still waiting.
Last month I was TTA and had a picture perfect cycle. This month - we're TTC, figures.
: I'm hoping it's just stress, and trying to do yoga, garden and meditate. Hoping it would help.
:

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
marina
Are you sure that new thermometer is working right? Your temps seems to be flat a lot, and it makes me wonder. I'm sorry!!

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
yep. It's working. I tested it this morning after waking up and getting up and it showed 97.7 It's the new one - so the temps are alot less noisy. I've got EWCM today so maybe soon I'll get that temp rise?
:
I'm just trying to be zen... zen...

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
: maybe we'll be cycle buddies!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.