Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not a big chatter, but I feel like it at this moment. I actually have my taxes done before 11pm on 4/15. Yes, it's 7:30 and I'm done. I'm happy

As for me, I've been stressed with taxes and getting my first ticket of my life. I went to court over it because the cop suggested I could do community service instead. Well, the older judge thought I was unfit for community service being "with child." He almost made me mad. I am not disabled because I am pregnant. In fact, I am very healthy and fit.

So needless to say with those stressors and working full-time, I got tired this week and start to feel really pregnant for the first time. My back hurt, my head hurt, even my feet hurt.

I'm hoping off to take a nap and thank God that I made it though and get back to my routine, enjoying this pregnancy. 29 weeks this week. That's only one away from 30. Which is means I can count down the number of weeks till the end on my fingers! Wow, has time flown or what?

·
Registered
789 Posts
This can be our new chat thread
I can't believe how quick it has gone by... Like all other things, the beginning seems to creeeeep by, and then bam, you are almost done and have no idea where the time went-lol. I did our taxes back in February. I wanted all of our money back ASAP-lol

·
Registered
575 Posts
I will also be 29 weeks this week, on Friday to be exact! I'm getting kind of nervous because there's so much DH and I need to do before then, like clean out the babe's room and paint it, and buy a car! Aah, we don't even have money for a car!

I have been really tired a lot lately and it's making me feel like I'm not getting anything done. I should be relaxing and cherishing these upcoming weeks that I have to myself to do whatever I want!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I've been in spring clean mode. I have been redoing my bathroom all day today (I'm halfway through painting and just taking a break now). I think it is all a reaction to having been in bed for most of the past 5 months feeling crappy. Sure, my back feels like doom, and my feet ache, but I just feel compelled to remedy the disaster that is my home.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I can't believe I will be 29 weeks tomorrow. The time has flown by, but it is slowing down a little right now since I have been on modified bedrest instead of working full time. I have been feeling pretty good, but these darn contractions just don't want to stop. They are under control (averaging 2-3 per hour), but they won't let me go back to work and chance me going into preterm labor.
Dh and I have slowly been getting things together for her arrival and actually got all of DS's old clothes sold/donated last week which was on my list of things to declutter before this baby arrives.

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
After my scare last week with the bleeding and being in the hospital and on bedrest, I am feeling great knowing that everything can returned to normal!! The level II ultrasound showed no abnormalities and the placenta is now at least 2cm from my cervix!! Yeah!! Full speed ahead with the home birth plans!

We cut it down to the wire with the taxes as well and our "accountant" will be filing an extension because we just turned everything in yesterday!
Oh well! We owe because my husband is basically self-employed and does not deduct as he goes. They can wait for their $$!!

I can't believe how little I have actually done to get prepared for this baby. I went through my son's clothes and weeded out what can be used for a girl and what is just way too boy-ish to get away with for her. Most of the stuff will be fine but I really do want to go out and get her some pretty little pink things! We have a great recycle shop near our house so I think I will go there and stock up on some cheap girl clothes.

I also have to get going on my mamacloth pads project. I made a pattern and sewed a prototype but need to fine tune it. I just started sewing by pattern so this is a big undertaking for me! I also need to figure out what type of material is best for the postpartum bleed. Any ideas? I planned on going with organic cotton, maybe a terry weave or flannel? Hmmm...

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
I'm 29 weeks today! I did my taxes back in January but the IRS put them on review for no specific reason and i am supposed to get them this friday. A lifesaver at this point because i have nothing for this baby yet. I feel pretty big and i get so swollen by nighttime. I am so thankful my school is almost done with, i have 3 huge papers all due by the end of this month.

I have to vent about something though. I am pregnant by a man who swore to be there for us and we were househunting together and i thought totally in love. Well he dumped me at 3 months pregnant and not a word from him since. His ex girlfriend is his girlfriend again and she had called me and told me to have an abortion because she would not raise this kid. Well today a friend of mine called me and said that this girlfriend has started a rumor within our community that i have been having an affair with my friend's husband and that this baby is actually his. I am so shocked and hurt. Why this woman would spread these rumors is so unfair. Now i know that this babies dad is even more of a loser then i thought and my poor friend now has to deal with the rumors that her husband and the father of her children is having an affair with me and having a baby with me
i'm sad, this is my last trimester, i have so been through enough as it is and i just want some peace and understanding.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Avani View Post
Well he dumped me at 3 months pregnant and not a word from him since. His ex girlfriend is his girlfriend again and she had called me and told me to have an abortion because she would not raise this kid. Well today a friend of mine called me and said that this girlfriend has started a rumor within our community that i have been having an affair with my friend's husband and that this baby is actually his. I am so shocked and hurt.
: Good Lord. Some people just have nothing better to do with their lives than be complete UAVs. I'm sorry you're going through that.

I'm turning 21 on Earth Day next week. I still feel 18.
And I'm trying to be an adult and get my ducks in a row before the Nudger gets here. It's difficult, and I'm pretty stressed out. I keep forgetting to take baby steps.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Avani View Post
Well today a friend of mine called me and said that this girlfriend has started a rumor within our community that i have been having an affair with my friend's husband and that this baby is actually his. I am so shocked and hurt. Why this woman would spread these rumors is so unfair. Now i know that this babies dad is even more of a loser then i thought and my poor friend now has to deal with the rumors that her husband and the father of her children is having an affair with me and having a baby with me
i'm sad, this is my last trimester, i have so been through enough as it is and i just want some peace and understanding.

It sounds like this stupid woman feels threatened by you. I'm sorry you're having to deal with this. Make sure you get every penny of child support out of that *sshole!
:

I am just about 26w and even though I'm behind most of you mamas I am starting to freak out about how little time we have! We don't have much for baby gear because we are waiting for people to come through on hand-me-downs that were promised and gifts from family. My IL's seem to think it is way too early for baby stuff and told us to wait ("everyone goes to 40w"). Unfortunately they are buying the car seat...
:

The ongoing dilemma of OB or midwife has gotten more complicated. My OB is just fantastic (for an OB) and my last appt went wonderfully when I expressed my interest in hb (although she can't back me up). We decided to meet with the midwives and spend the next few weeks doing research. The decision should be made by 28-29w, I hope.
Either way, I am getting great care from a great provider, its just a decision of home vs. hospital.

Take care mamas! I am quickly losing room in my upper torso and eating/breathing are getting harder. And I still have months to grow!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.