Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Magic Treehouse, Secrets of Droon, My Weird School, Stink? DS can blow through one of the aforementioned in a day. With summer coming up, I'm going to try and transition him to the next level so a book could last him a few days at least.<br><br>
Of course, he may totally reject anything else, and I'm eternally grateful that he's discovered the joy of reading on his own, but if there are some great novels that I could sneak into his pile, I'd love it. Any suggestions?<br>
-e

·
Premium Member
12,445 Posts
Bailey School Kids<br>
Guardians of Ga'hoole<br>
Timewarp Trio<br>
Spiderwick Chronicles<br>
Geronimo Stilton<br>
Boxcar Children Mysteries (there's 120+ of them, so it took ds a long time to get through them)<br>
A to Z Mysteries (probably too easy for your child, but they are an easy read)<br><br><br>
Our library puts out lists of recommended books in different genres for different age groups - so they have Fantasy books for 2-3rd grade, 4-5th, etc. or Mysteries or whatever.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
You want longer books that will keep him going for a while, but aren't too difficult or inappropriate for his age?<br><br>
Beverly Cleary -- the Henry Huggins or Ramona bokos<br>
Stuart Little<br>
I agree that Boxcar Children are a good choice, at least first five or so books -- I think the books got shorter as the series went along<br>
Homer Price<br>
Trumpet of the Swan<br>
The Cricket in Times Square<br>
Happy Hollisters or Hardy Boys (definitely not great literature!)<br>
Tales of a Fourth-Grade Nothing and the rest of the Fudge books<br>
The Ghost Hunters series by Cornelia Funke -- he might blow through these too fast

1 - 3 of 3 Posts