Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just celebrate x-mas with my in-laws. They just left to go back home. One of my gifts was a 40$ certificate to a book store. YAY!!!!! I love to read. I'm keeping 10$ for a romance novel than I'll spend the rest on maybe a good gd book.<br><br>
Any great book????? DD1 is now 2yrs old and dd2 is 9mths. So maybe a book for toddlers and up.<br><br>
Thanks

·
Banned
582 Posts
Have you read the book sticky in this forum? It is the second thread in the forum. There are a lot of great books. I personally love Jane Nelson, et al Positive Discipline and Dr. Sears Discipline Book.

·
Registered
41 Posts
A must have IMO, is How to Talk so Kids Will Listen, and Listen So Kids Will Talk by Adele Faber, and Elaine Mazlish. They also wrote Siblings w/o Rivalry. Love them absolutely love them. You could check the library first to see if you like them -- I had to have my own copy. I've bought several for gifts.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I have read the thread. It's good but there is so many book that are recommended.<br><br>
I do have the Dicipline book from Dr sears.<br><br><br>
Maybe I'll go with How to Talk so Kids Will Listen, and Listen So Kids Will Talk and another one if I can.<br><br>
Anymore thought???

·
Registered
773 Posts
You can't go wrong with Faber and Mazlisch.<br><br>
I would recommend Becoming the Parent You Want to Be. I use it as a reference several times a month. Other books that I have purchased, I later thought, "I wish I had just gotten this at the library."<br><br>
Which is another idea. Why not chhose a few off the list on the sticky and give them a quick browse at the library or bring them home and see what you think. Then you can choose which one you think you want permanently and which you think you can read, retain and return!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Great idea. Also, when you're checking them out at the library, see what rings true to you. Also, Barnes and Noble lets you browse books at your leisure. I think it's of the utmost importance that it speaks to your heart and mind.<br><br>
For me, the following books have been enormously helpful:<br><br>
The Discipline Book by Dr. Sears<br>
Positive Time-Out by Jane Nelsen<br>
The Successful Child by Dr. Sears<br>
Positive Discipline A-Z by Jane Nelsen et al.<br><br>
Cheers and Merry Christmas,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts