Mothering Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
And CNN updates their reporting:

CNN - A Link Between Covid-19 Vaccination and a Cardiac Illness May be Getting Clearer
Vaccine advisers to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention say there has been a higher-than-expected number of cases of a heart ailment among young people, most often males, who've recently received their second doses of the Pfizer and Moderna Covid-19 vaccines.
...a source familiar with the situation told CNN it's appearing more and more likely that there is a real link between the vaccine and the cases.
"It looks like this is a biological phenomenon rather than a chance event," the source said. "It looks to be a pattern and not just random."
Here's a link to the Pediatrics pre-print mentioned in the article:
https://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/pediatrics/early/2021/06/02/peds.2021-052644.full.pdf
"...there are some concerns regarding this case series that might suggest a causal relationship... the temporal association of these cases with vaccination as well as the striking similarity in the clinical and laboratory presentations raise the possibility for such a relationship,"
"Finally, these cases occurred in the context of a dearth of circulation of common respiratory viruses known to be associated with myocarditis, and thorough diagnostic evaluations did not identify infectious etiologies."

·
Registered
10 Posts
I surely won’t inoculate my children with mRNA or vector vaccines. And I’m a select delay mom with many doctors in the family. I would like to note that the German equivalent of the immunization panel (Stiko) does not recommend vaccination of adolescents. They do not agree that the benefits outweigh the risks. I’m glad to see an official group speaking to the reality of a brand new class of medication for a disease rarely dangerous to children with no idea of midterm nor long term effects of said medication.

·
Registered
4,397 Posts

·
Registered
18,821 Posts
Reactions: applejuice

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
Well duh! Of course they should wait until the study is done before they approve the vaccine.
i agree...however pfizer has been pushing for FULL approval, and circumventing the process...they're STILL pushing for it to be approved

·
Registered
18,821 Posts
i agree...however pfizer has been pushing for FULL approval, and circumventing the process...they're STILL pushing for it to be approved

How can it be "vigorous" if they are rushing it through before the study is completed?

Reactions: Murmeltier

·
Registered
10 Posts
a few shortcuts won't matter....it's all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
It’s clearly not vigorous to take shortcuts and do a much shorter study. But somehow it’s now reported as normal procedure etc to put people at ease which is clearly untrue. I hope they don’t get full approval without a proper longterm study.
Also when is this emergency meeting of the cdc RE myocarditis in young folks??! I saw it reported but no note when…

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
It’s clearly not vigorous to take shortcuts and do a much shorter study. But somehow it’s now reported as normal procedure etc to put people at ease which is clearly untrue. I hope they don’t get full approval without a proper longterm study.
Also when is this emergency meeting of the cdc RE myocarditis in young folks??! I saw it reported but no note when…

june 18

"The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced Thursday that it will convene an "emergency meeting" of its advisers on June 18th to discuss rare but higher-than-expected reports of heart inflammation following doses of the mRNA-based Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines."

·
Registered
10 Posts

june 18

"The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced Thursday that it will convene an "emergency meeting" of its advisers on June 18th to discuss rare but higher-than-expected reports of heart inflammation following doses of the mRNA-based Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines."
Not very emergent to wait til June 18…. I’m worried for all those children. My nearly 13 year old read the FDA emergency approval info as well as the myocarditis information and asked not to get this vaccine… some of his friends have and reported a lot of side effects. I feel he’s old enough to weigh in on his health decisions.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts