• 2 was easier.

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • 3 was easier.

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • They were both hard.

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • They were both easy.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Haven't reached 3 yet, but so far 2 is pretty easy.

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Haven't reached 3 yet, but so far 2 is pretty hard.

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Poll to come.

Which is/was worse: age 2 or age 3?

I hear often that "3 is worse then 2". My dd is 2.5, but is pretty good for the most part. I just want to know what my chances are that it will stay this way...

Please remember, "easy" and "hard" are relative terms!

This poll is multiple choice.

·
Registered
451 Posts
My oldest has always been 'high energy' (aka 'challenging child'). With each year that has passed, he has gotten easier for the most part. There were some months inbetween that were harder or easier, but overall 3 was easier than 2. He hit the 'terrible twos' stage at about 15 mos, and got out of it somewhat around 2 1/2. The hardest part about age 3 was that he still had temper tantrums now and then, and he was STRONG! e.g. there was no way you could force the car seat belt on him - I had to 'bribe' him to get it on - "we'll have a popsicle when we get home, if you let me buckle you in". It's also a pain to haul them out of some place they don't want to leave kicking and screaming when they weigh 40 lbs - but then DS is/was above average in size. The art of distraction tends to not work as well as they get older too.

My friend had a super 'easy' baby girl, but when she turned 3 she became a handful. She swears 3 was harder than 2, and sometimes seems to imply that 4 is even harder than 3, but I can't imagine that being true. I LOVED 4!

I wonder if my toddler will become more difficult when he is 3. He is super easy right now at 20 mos. I am counting my blessings for sure!

I guess it's all relative.

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
2 was defenitely harder...but my answer may be influenced by the birth of my 2nd son. DS had a really rough time when his brother came into the picture and I'm not sure if it was because of the lack of attention he got or if it was because he was 2.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I think 3 was harder. I kept waiting for the "terrible twos"...never happened with us. But 3... that was a challenge.
Of course, DD3 could be a whole 'nother ball game....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.