Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I am shopping for birth pools right now, but there are so many different pools out there and it is so hard to decide....

I found two which look good to me and I like the way they are described. But of course they can describe a lot and I will only find out if it is true if I try it. I like the one pool, because it looks deep, like the water would not only reach to my hips, if that.... I like the idea of having deeper water. And the pool looks very stable, which is of course great.

But the other pool looks like I would have more room. It does not look that stable, but from a pic it is hard to say.

Do you girls have experience with any of these pools? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Here the two pools

La Bassine (by Made in Water) Birth Pool

Information here:
http://www.birthsupplies.com/catalog...ol-p-1882.html

Birth Pool in a Box Eco

Information here: http://www.waterbirth.org/mc/page.do...45760&orgId=wi

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
I have not used these, but have heard good things about both of them. I used a standard $20 fishy pool and will use that again by choice (not due to financial restraints)

What I would look for in a birth pool:

internal depth/height - the Pool in a box has 1 inch more than the La Basseine
inflated bottom - both have that

The large Birth Pool In A Box looks great with the little seat and the handles but I just used my husband for the handles and the seat would elevate you, so I cant imagine that being all that helpful really (although others may dissagree?)

The only over all thing I see differently is that the larger Birth Pool In A Box is a good 10 inches plus longer and wider which gives you more room in the event that you feel the need for that.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I am using the fishy pool! But then I just found a used but never used La Bassine (or whatever the heck it's called) the couple bought it for 130 and they are selling for 115.... not sure if it would be worth trying to get it for 100?

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I just bought La Bassine. It just came in the mail yesterday and it looks AWESOME. I wanted a deep pool that wasn't too big -- so that my hot water didn't run out and so that i could push against the sides. It also has strategically placed handles inside which look very useful. DD also really liked playing in it yesterday.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
I bought the La Bassine last week. It was $95 plus shipping (only $11 but I live just one state away from the company which sells them). I blew it up the other day and I already love it. I can't wait to "test" it this weekend. I plan to spend some time in it rather than let all that hot water go to waste!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.