Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm due this month and trying to think ahead to the pump b/c I will be returning to work in October. I am very committed to BF and know I will be pumping ALOT. So i've been eyeing the Playtex Embrace pump. It seems right for me, but 300 bucks is a lot for "seems right". anyone had exp. with this pump and care to share?

also any other hardcore pumpers out there with other suggestions?

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Hi there...
I would recommend the Medela Symphony. I had AWFUL problmes with breastfeeding (don't want to scare you - I didn't have help with latch-on in the beginning and am sure you'll be fine!
) I actually rent it for $70 a month but it is the third pump I have used and soooooooo worth it. It is the most gentle and I have both my breasts emptied in like 10 minutes. I also tried the Medela Pump 'N Style and that worked well too. Let me give you my lactation consulatant's web site and you can check out some of the other pumps out there! I am not sure if there are things written abou tthem but at least you can get the names. (By the way, she has been doing this for 20 years and recommended the Symphony for me...she says it's the most gentle.) I also like that it does a "let down" in the beginning of pumping and then goes to a more slow sucking just like you baby! Good luck soon-to-be mama!!!

http://www.breastbabyproducts.com/

·
Registered
7,439 Posts
I would recommend either the Medela Pump-in0Style or Symphany. I've only used the PIS, but I've heard the Syphany is even better. I had another pump that was cheaper, but it was a POS and i ended up with clogged ducts. I've also heard that the Ameda Purely Yours is comparable to the PIS, but I haven't tried it personally. I don't know anything about the Playtex pump, so I'm no help there. You might check Ebay for a pump if price is a concern - I had a friend get a really good deal on a brand new one there. ftr, i pumped while working for 18 months with my ds and 12 months with my dd (would have gone longer, but I was laid off and am now a SAHM) and my PIS is still going strong.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Just wanted to third the symphony suggestion... it really is superior to most pumps, and I've tried a LOT of pumps! I hear that, for a pump that you buy rather than rent, the Pump in Style *Advanced* is similar - it also has the "let-down mode" that the symphony has. For me, that feature makes all the difference!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.