Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm due with DD#2 in 7 weeks and looking into pumps - with DD#1 I ended up renting and never bought.
Basically I've been offered two pumps by friends - a Medela Classic (hospital grade) to borrow for as long as I need, but I would have to buy the accessories kit which is around $55.

Or an Ameda Purely Yours that I could buy from a friend (not sure how much she wants yet but probably around $50). The pump I rented with DD was an Ameda so I still have all the parts I need for this one. My only concern is BPA - I'm not sure if Ameda had it in their parts/bottles 4 years ago...BUT I have too much lactase in my milk which means I have to scald it immediately after pumping so the milk would only be in the BPA bottles (if in fact they do contain BPA) for the few mins I am actually pumping, then it would be immediately transferred to a different container.
I'll be pumping for the odd day out without DD#2 and possibly for a friend's adopted baby (if the adoption comes through in the next year). This baby will be our last child. I am also not a great pumper, I don't really respond well to the pump and barely ever got more than a couple of ounces double pumping with the hospital pump with DD.
Which would you choose?

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have the Ameda Purely Yours and am very happy with it, I've had it for all three of my kids. I know you can order the BPA free kit for it, but I decided that given the fact it was only going to be in the bottles for the time I was pumping I decided to keep the current parts. I just use BPA free storage.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I had great results personally with Medela and that's what we use at the hospital I work for, so it would be Medela all the way for me!

·
Premium Member
14,677 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by snoopy5386 View Post
I am also not a great pumper, I don't really respond well to the pump and barely ever got more than a couple of ounces double pumping with the hospital pump with DD.
Which would you choose?
Hate to say it, but a couple ounces in a pumping session is a good amount.

I'd go with the brand you know you respond to. Personally, I don't respond to Medela pumps so I'd be choosing the Ameda. But if you do respond to the Medela pumps, I'd go with that. And the Classic is considered the best pump Medela has made.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.