Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only have this teeny chart on FF so I assume I have to purchase a membership now. OR I could buy the TCOYF software because I have the book. Which do y'all like better?

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
I much preferred TCOYF. It's more accurate, especially for avoiding, in my opinion. It's way more exact and there's a journal type thing where you can leave comments and thoughts. It's also got some fun stuff to play with (date stuff).

I did find that between FF and TCOYF I had some discrepancies, and mostly it was that FF had my O date too late! Which would be bad if your TTC, or TTA, even.

HTH!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I use ovusoft (TCOYF) and I like it a lot better. I think it reads easier, gives more info, and is more accurate. However, it's annoying that it's not web-based - you need to enter the info on one computer. I wish it were web-based.

The price is way better, too, since it's a 1x charge. I much prefer it to FF.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnsCelticQueen View Post
:

Does TCOYF tend to be more accurate on O dates?
I can't prove it, but I believe it. FF is quicker to say you O'd and more likely to take it away, while TCOYF doesn't give you an O until you've had 3 or 4 days of high temps, so I think it's more accurate b/c it is less generous

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
You can share with TCOYF too. You just upload it and then link it. Or at least I used to be able to. I haven't done it in a while. Before I figured that out, I did transfer everything to FF, and that's when I saw the difference in O dates.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I'm on my 2nd month of charting with the TCOYF software and I like it much better than FF. I do also use the free FF and that is what is linked in my siggy. I like that the TCOYF software will "correct" your temp if your timing is a little off. If it's way off, it will let you know that too i.e. today I woke at 3:45am and temped (read the clock wrong and then couldn't go back to sleep!). FF just puts the temp in with an empty circle, TCOYF puts the temp in and then put a big red X on it. It's silly - but it made me feel better because I KNEW it was wonky and it confirmed it. There must be some way to link TCOYF, but it took me so long to figure out how to link FF that I'm just leaving it! I agree that I would use it for tta after we manage to get our BFP as well.

Namaste.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by texaspeach View Post
does anyone know if you can enter past data into ovusoft? I have three years of charted cycles and would use ovusoft if I could enter all that info into it. it'd be a shame to loose it all.
Yes, you can enter past data. I'm not sure how far back their calendars go, but it's at least to the 80's!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnsCelticQueen View Post
More silly questions.
Those who use TCOYF do you enter your info on FF to share on here?
For those who use it to TTA, which is more reliable when you are TTA?
I solely use tcoyf... i tried ff and hated it. you can upload your chart using tcoyf (mine is in my siggy). It's just not web-based when you enter it in, so you have to use the computer that it's loaded on to enter the info, then upload it. it's easy, and if you solely use one computer, no big deal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.